Oxford rollcall

in Exeter, when Mike was introducing the band, he said he'd changed his name. He was probably about to say something funny, don't remember what it was tho, when someone shouted out Jesus. =)

Gig was good. Good to meet Chris, and see Ken again. I did get the setlist, then some Japanese photographer ripped it a bit, but if anyone sees a photo of a long blond haired bloke with no top on with the setlist thats me.

Had a good chat with the Burst guitarists after the show they were really nice people. Set was same as Exeter, except for that snippet from Twilight which was cool. Got my shouts of Uriah Heep and Burt Reylnolds recognised again. Only downer was the twat on speed who seemed hell bent upon lodging his elbow/shoulder/chin/whatever part of his body was being shaken most violantly, into my back.

Drumkit was like Exeter, as in smaller than London, which meant during the end of Deliverance he was only playing the China (I'm not a drummer, is that the right cymbal?) on the off beat, but if that is the only criticism of Axenrot, and it's not his fault then fair play to the lad. He seems to be getting more and more confident with each gig.

Anyone have any idea who it was that was shouting 'Mendez' in that crazy voice, I was actually quite scared.

I was gonna shout that they start a band, they had a pretty gr1m voice. \m/

The speed dude was such an idiot. Somebody needed to pick him up and carry him to the barrier :lol:

I managed to start the O-peth! chant at the start, felt quite cool. I believe that the busted cymbal was a Crash of some kind, probably the China.

I had like two people surfing just above my head during Deliverance. a truly unforgettable experience. Silent Song said I got hit with a boot on my head, couldn't care less at the time.

if we all picked him up, he'd be in the back of the pit so fast. :lol:

ugh yea! I had to duck the 2nd one, and the first one i grabbed a stray boot from beaning Natalie ;)

well, nothing unexpected there, we were right in front of everyone. Remember Mike going on about how he dived into a skinhead once?

My Opeth photos

best one:
IMG_1371.JPG

& i have no idea why my hair looks like dreads in the last picture. :lol:

It was a much smaller place. I remember when I got to the door, it looked like somebody's school (and it was) :lol:

great small venue, the sound was great even in the front. probably had something to do with the acoustic padding on the walls.

edit: lol it's my 4666th post :headbang: