Oxford vs Sonalksis vs Channel Strip

sorceron

ken
Jul 20, 2005
nyc
www.myspace.com
anyone tried the three of these? the powercore Sony oxford eq (wich is non gml) and comp, the Sonalksis eq and comp, and the metric halo channel strip?

ive only tried channel strip wich i like alot and is a good price, but wanted to get opinions on the others before buying.

thanks!

the metric halo channel strip is probably the best plug in ive bought yet. it usable on nearly everything. i think it it a much better value than any of the pthers you have mention. the sony eq is pretty nice and the Solalksis plugs are good too. i just think channel strip is a great tool at a ridiculously cheap price. it pretty easy on the cpu as well.

The Sonalksis stuff ROCKS!!! CQ-1 DQ-1 SV 517.... And yep M.H.'s Channel strip kicks ass too. The Oxford stuff is nice. But if I had only one choice, I'd go with the M.H. Channel Strip!!!!
Or save up and get the Waves SSL Bundle!:headbang:

Just my O' :zombie:

GORILLA

Oh yeah.... don't forget PSP Audio!!! Cheap prices and KILLER sound!

Kenny Lee said:
The Sonalksis stuff ROCKS!!! CQ-1 DQ-1 SV 517.... And yep M.H.'s Channel strip kicks ass too. The Oxford stuff is nice. But if I had only one choice, I'd go with the M.H. Channel Strip!!!!
Or save up and get the Waves SSL Bundle!:headbang:

Just my O' :zombie:

GORILLA

Oh yeah.... don't forget PSP Audio!!! Cheap prices and KILLER sound!
i personally think m.h. channal strip blows away the waves ssl channel strip. the best thing about the waves bundle is definetly the 2 buss comp.

sweet, i dont have internet at home otherwise i would have checked out the Sonalksis demo. going to get that now and check it out tonight though. i have a feeling it will be between that and the CS because the GML version of the oxford eq is TDM only.

I use channelstrip on every drum track I've ever recorded. It's an amazingly cool plugin. The oxford is great for a cleaner sound...great for vocals.

Havn't tried the other one.