Ozone 7 includes new IRC IV algorithm

I have ozone 7 and love it! It has some really great new features that are great for mastering. A bit heavy on cpu but then again my computer is probably due for an upgrade

We have it at the studio. I think the limiter is really good (though not my first choice), but my favourite new features are the Vintage EQ and Tape modules. Still love the MS Saturation. I wish they'd brought back the reverb though. That was pretty useful on occasion.

They got rid of the reverb? I'm still using 5 but that sucks. I usually use a tiny bit of it just to get some extra life out of the mix. Bummer.

Yeah, that went with 6 I believe (I never used 6 so I can't confirm).

It was a great thing to have if you were mastering someone else's track, as you had control over reverb levels independently for the mids and the sides. Not useful every time, but on the occasions where it was it was the only reverb I knew that did it.

I have Ozone 5 Advanced, is it worth the money to upgrade to 7?

Not to hop on the bandwagon, but like several others I bought Kazrog's KClip since people were speaking very highly of it as a competitor to Ozone's limiter. I'm not an audio savant but I much prefer what it does to the final sound- no smearing whatsoever, and everything is crisp and well-defined, which is what you want for metal and hard rock. So for the limiter, not to my mind- and nothing else in the suite is really all that useful if you have competing products that do it better (Pro Q, Pro M, etc). At this point I only use Ozone to mono-ize my lows :lol:

I have Ozone 5 Advanced, is it worth the money to upgrade to 7?

I'm not sure how much the update is, so it's kinda dependent on that. I will say the bonus for me as a Cubase user, is there's no longer a delay when you hit bypass. Killing that frustration was useful.

I think the learn function is a bit better, and I really like being able to pick different saturation types for mid and sides. The tape is really good, but I think VTM edges it. The Vintage EQ is really good, but I think Air EQ beats it.

The big thing is the audio codec preview. Working as a studio where everyone demands MFiT files, being able to check the conversion for distortions before having to bounce it is invaluable.