Ozone snapshots!

schwinginbatman

It's shittay!
May 14, 2009
Kansas
Bah, this is driving me crazy with the lack of info I can find. While I typically don't do Match EQ within Ozone because it tends to not work for me, I recently bought the Messiah Pack and thought it'd be interesting to try out the Ozone preset it comes with. However, whenever I try to use the snapshot set, I get a whole lot of nothing for my trouble. No snapshots change. I believe it was made with Ozone 5 and I'm currently still with 4, so is it just that 4 can't use the snapshot sets? Which is weird, since it recognizes the file. Am I an idiot or something?

I believe he may be referring to this: http://www.criticalcabs.com/

How is it anyway, I don't have a PayPal account, not sure if it's worth getting one?

Guess I didn't make it clear. Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. I'd say it's worth it. 4 real good impulses, two of which have probably found regular use by me. The 4 kick samples it comes with are also pretty damn good as well. A great deal for $5.

Guess I didn't make it clear. Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. I'd say it's worth it. 4 real good impulses, two of which have probably found regular use by me. The 4 kick samples it comes with are also pretty damn good as well. A great deal for $5.

And the actual Messiah cab compared to the usual bunch of good freebies everyone uses?

Something I always thought bizarre about match eq in ozone, is that you select to do the total reverse of what you want, to achieve what you want. I guess their logic does make sense, but for 90% of people it's not the way you compute it in your head first up.

e.g.

Match from [target tone] to [your tone]

If I know it right - Messiah cabs are made by our member -> fearcomplexmusic .
I don't own nor Messiah nor ozone, but MY guess would be that guy made some EQ to make his impulses mix ready so using those snapshots it would take your default messiah tone further.

I suppose I should be a little bit clear, in that the Snapshot is meant as a mix bus snapshot, not just the guitar. Though the impulses are supposed to be mix-ready, that really comes down to personal choice. My confusion is that when I import his snapshotset, nothing changes, and all of the snapshots are exactly as they were before, and whether or not they can transfer from 5 to 4.

As for their improvement over free ones, I myself think the 3rd in the pack is the best I've ever used, but it depends on the type of tone you want, and while I have to process them less to get a good tone, some others may have more trouble in that regard.