Ozone 5

I suppose that now you can put just the dither section as post fader on the master buss, no need for whole Ozone, right? That way you can do master fader automation (if needed), without fucking with dither.

I suppose that now you can put just the dither section as post fader on the master buss, no need for whole Ozone, right? That way you can do master fader automation (if needed), without fucking with dither.

yes sir you can =D

Fuuuuuck. To buy the 200$ version, or buy the 600$ and just eat sandwiches for the next month. Has anyone used the 200$ version yet?

Fuuuuuck. To buy the 200$ version, or buy the 600$ and just eat sandwiches for the next month. Has anyone used the 200$ version yet?

I have the cheaper version.

On my system, Ozone 5 uses a LOT more CPU (when using IRC III mode), but sounds better. I like the addition of the post EQ, and the IRC III mode is pretty sweet. Seems to be a little clearer sounding and still gets loud. The matching EQ is a little different, but I like it. Everything I've put through the matching EQ comes out with a bit stronger mids than Ozone 4 did. the reverb sounds a LOT better, but it's still something I would rarely use, especially in heavier music.

I don't have the need (or the extra monitor) to get much use out of the full screen spectrums and visual pieces of advanced and the extra little bits for advanced I don't need. I can see the desire for separate plugins for each component, but for my uses I couldn't justify the cost.

Those 599$ are only for US customers apparently...
Germans have to pay 555€ (750$) for the intro offer!!!!!

Still, bit the bullet and bought it.
It better rocks at least as much as my finalizer!!!

you can get it for 400€ here. ozone 5 standard is 169 $ atm.

Weird naming on the EQ zoom. Why is "Zoom Out Full" the same as "3x" ?! I probably spent half an hour trying out the different zoom levels and didn't really get the logic behind their names. Thankfully, Zoom 1X and 2X work great for me but Zoom Out Full and the rest are a complete no-no for mixing, IMO.

wanted to try the demo but it totaly fucked up my system.
Logic wasnt able to detect it correct, and Trigger (slate digital) wasnt working after that.

Had to delete Ozone 5 demo by hand, and had to install the older trigger version, also deleting everything by hand and then installed the newest version and it finaly worked again.....

Realy wanted to try it, but now I am afraid that it will fuck up my system again, because too much to do in this year

^ Very strange. I've got Trigger (and so do a lot of people ITT probably) and haven't noticed any conflicts. But I'm on Cubase 6, not Logic. You could contact their support and ask about it but yeah changing stuff while in the middle of a lot of projects isn't a good idea.

Demo'd it. Really impressed with the IRCIII algo. Sounds better than FX-G and anything I've tried.

Irciii is nice for modern cracky and crisp sounds, IRCII sounds warmer though... Like them both.
I wouldn't even have thought about comparing it to fgx...nowhere near the same league IMO... YMMV

wanted to try the demo but it totaly fucked up my system.
Logic wasnt able to detect it correct, and Trigger (slate digital) wasnt working after that.

Had to delete Ozone 5 demo by hand, and had to install the older trigger version, also deleting everything by hand and then installed the newest version and it finaly worked again.....

Realy wanted to try it, but now I am afraid that it will fuck up my system again, because too much to do in this year

Slate website says theres a problem with Trigger failing authorisation in Logic Pro 9, so yeah, snap... Installed the 1.4 version

how do you find it compared to the finalizer?
i really like my finalizer but i find it very hard to not let it clip when the guitars have a lot of high mids and bass. is ozone easier to handle when it comes to this?