Ozone 5

I must be the only person who thinks Ozone's interface has never really been complicated to begin with.

I must be the only person who thinks Ozone's interface has never really been complicated to begin with.

Never had any issues with it. Op try using one of these synths:

I get headaches just looking at it, and I use this one alot.:loco:

Quoted from KVR:
Saw Ozone 5 at AES today. Some of things in the advanced version are the meter bridge, which looked awesome, ability to have each Ozone effect as an individual VST, and some auto transient shaping function. I am sure there are more differences, but the is what I saw. Apparently the meter bridge uses Open GL and shouldnt be a drain on CPU. There were a lot of cool workflow improvements as well as new Reverb algorithms which they said were hybrid algorithm/convolution.

I couldn't coax any pricing info out of them. Looked very cool though.

Found a new video too:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyfgEuYFAT8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Each effect as a vst = win. I would love to have their limiter as a standalone plugin and not have to pay the full price, though.

+1

I really love their Harmonic Exciter and Limiter. I'll totally use the Exciter outside of mastering when this comes out.

anyone have any info on pricing?

this might be good. being able to load single effects appeals to me as well.

would be great if they went the IKM route and announced "ozone singles", they've already kinda taken that direction with the aforementioned new feature, too.

Looks great. Very interested in the Advanced version, but it's awfully expensive :S Not sure whether it is worth it.. not like I really need the extra functions :D
The metering bridge and especially the level meters are pretty cool though. I wonder what upgrading from Ozone 5 (basic) to Ozone 5 Advanced will cost.

I'd also like the ability to buy the single plugins optional instead of the whole package, i.e. I never use the Reverb or MultiBand Dynamics.. and rarely the Dither.

DUDES. Ozone 5 sounds fucking retardedly better than 4, which I know a lot of guys like and use, but I always hated the sound of it. Each of the modules just sounded cheap to me in the end...

but 5. The IRC III Limit mode is just out of control.

The harmonic exciter actually SOUNDS GOOD....

my list goes on, but, defo a huge difference in sonic quality

DUDES. Ozone 5 sounds fucking retardedly better than 4, which I know a lot of guys like and use, but I always hated the sound of it. Each of the modules just sounded cheap to me in the end...

but 5. The IRC III Limit mode is just out of control.

The harmonic exciter actually SOUNDS GOOD....

my list goes on, but, defo a huge difference in sonic quality

Is the IRC III in the regular version or just advanced? I know there are some extra Limiter goodies in the Advanced version...

Is the IRC III in the regular version or just advanced? I know there are some extra Limiter goodies in the Advanced version...
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/features/maximizer.asp
It's all there. Missing is only "Transient recovery adds emphasis to transients to help preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness." for the maximizer. Sounds like a cool feature but I'm still not sure if I should get the basic or advanced version :/
Gonna upgrade for sure though when the current project is done.