Ozzfest 2008 Announced?

Nov 6, 2007
Chances are it's fake cause it was from Blabbermouth, but if you like to believe the lies:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94858

OZZY OSBOURNE has drawn upon the sinister power of Ozzfest to create the biggest, meanest, loudest f**king rock festival you can imagine — The Monsters Of Rock. This one-day celebration of the heaviest music in the universe is landing exclusively in the Great White North at Calgary's McMahon Stadium on Saturday July 26!

The festival billing is as follows:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SERJ TANKIAN
CAVALERA CONSPIRACY
SHADOWS FALL
VOIVOD
TESTAMENT
3 INCHES OF BLOOD
PRIESTESS
ZIMMERS HOLE

The Monsters Of Rock will provide metal fans a unique opportunity to see the greatest champions of hard rock together on a single stage. No other music event this year will come close the matching the power and intensity of this legendary gathering. Don't miss your opportunity to take part in hard rock history!

Tickets go on sale Friday April 18 at 12 noon at all Ticketmaster outlets, charge-by-phone, and online at Ticketmaster.ca and UnionEvents.com for $119.50 - 49.50. VIP packages, which will include express admission, laminate, floor access and a private hospitality area, will also be available for a limited time (must be 18 and older to purchase).

I'm pretty sure that's legit...the main Ozzfest rumors floating around have said that it will be two separate festivals in Texas. One night will have Ozzy and one night will have Metallica. This isn't Ozzfest, but a separate event called Monsters of Rock.

Edit: Also, Ticketmaster has this on their page.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1100408E74E26205?artistid=912380&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

haha yeah I'm being sarcastic because there are actually people on this board that are backwards enough to believe blabbermouth's stories are fake.

As for the actual show... Not that I've ever gone or cared for Ozzfest but this lineup rocks and it's kind of a slap in the face to all the kids that live in the US who have been to Ozzfest for the last whatever amount of years if this is indeed the only show. If it was one show in the US it would make more sense but Canada?

edit: looks like it's not the only show...

Massachusetts metallers SHADOWS FALL have issued the following update:

"Just checking in from the road to let you know we have some exciting news to announce. This summer we will be playing one of the dates on OZZY OSBOURNE's Monsters Of Rock festival.

"July 26th we will be at McMahon Stadium in Calgary (Alberta) with an awesome lineup including OZZY, JUDAS PRIEST, SERJ TANKIAN, HATEBREED, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, VOIVOD, TESTAMENT, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD, PRIESTESS, ZIMMERS HOLE and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN.

"Also just a reminder that the 'Of One Blood' remix / remaster hits stores tomorrow. If you didn't take advantage of the presale then head out to your local record store tomorrow and pick it up.

"We just kicked off our April headline tour and it's already been an awesome time. Hope to see you on the road."

haha yeah I'm being sarcastic because there are actually people on this board that are backwards enough to believe blabbermouth's stories are fake.

As for the actual show... Not that I've ever gone or cared for Ozzfest but this lineup rocks and it's kind of a slap in the face to all the kids that live in the US who have been to Ozzfest for the last whatever amount of years if this is indeed the only show. If it was one show in the US it would make more sense but Canada?

I don't really see it as much of a slap in the face. If the event were held anywhere in the US, people from other parts of the country would bitch that it's not held anywhere near them. Most, if not all, of those bands will be doing summer tours anyway.

Ok dude, let's not be stupid over here. It's not that we believe all news on Blabbermouth are fake. The only thing we tried to say on that other thread, is that Blabbermouth has been known for publishing stories without the usage of corroboration of facts, meaning, without really checking to see if the stories were actually TRUE. They did it before many, many times, and they STILL do it nowadays. It's pretty idiotic of you (and I don't think you're an idiot, in fact *some* of your posts in the forum are rather intelligent and share my same point of view and opinion) to generalize and say that we're backwards and we believe all their news are fake.

Just so you know, I tend to go on Blabbermouth every single day and read metal news. HOWEVER, they are not my only source for metal news, and I tend to double check everything before I believe them all. I do that with every metal-news outlet I read. That's something smart that I learned in the period that I was working with RockHard-Valhalla (part of RockHard, one of the biggest heavy-metal magazines in the world (unfortunately not published in the USA). When it comes to being a professional in the field, you can't really be gullible and believe everything you see, you know?

Now, let's end this argument once and for all, shall we? :headbang:

Ok dude, let's not be stupid over here. It's not that we believe all news on Blabbermouth are fake. The only thing we tried to say on that other thread, is that Blabbermouth has been known for publishing stories without the usage of corroboration of facts, meaning, without really checking to see if the stories were actually TRUE. They did it before many, many times, and they STILL do it nowadays. It's pretty idiotic of you (and I don't think you're an idiot, in fact *some* of your posts in the forum are rather intelligent and share my same point of view and opinion) to generalize and say that we're backwards and we believe all their news are fake.

Just so you know, I tend to go on Blabbermouth every single day and read metal news. HOWEVER, they are not my only source for metal news, and I tend to double check everything before I believe them all. I do that with every metal-news outlet I read. That's something smart that I learned in the period that I was working with RockHard-Valhalla (part of RockHard, one of the biggest heavy-metal magazines in the world (unfortunately not published in the USA). When it comes to being a professional in the field, you can't really be gullible and believe everything you see, you know?

Now, let's end this argument once and for all, shall we? :headbang:

Just busting some chops mang. Anyways this whole situation is kinda confusing cause the press release says 1 day but the Shadows Fall guy implies there will be more of them. I confuzed.

Just busting some chops mang. Anyways this whole situation is kinda confusing cause the press release says 1 day but the Shadows Fall guy implies there will be more of them. I confuzed.

Alright, no big deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.

Apparently it is a one-day-only event. Unless the PR people are running separate releases for separate shows of the tour (highly unlikely), this is going to take place in Canada only.

Now, as far as I know, Monsters of Rock used to be an annual festival held at the Donnington Park racetrack in England. The festival was also held in other cities around the world for a long time. I wonder if the original promoter of the fest has passed the torch to Ozzy to headline it, thus, resurrecting the good old Monsters of Rock.

I'm tired of Ozzy headlining Ozzfest. I say he should take a backseat and let one more headline-worthy band step in...I'd rather not see another 'best of his career' set again.

LAWL@Ozzfest.

If there's a more mismanaged, continually disappointing festival out there, I have yet to hear about it.:lol:

Ozzfest's lineups have never justified the astonomical cost of parking, show tickets, or booze (this is a necessity at an ordeal like Ozzfest), and having to fork out that much cash just to see one or two good bands would only be marginally worth it if Ozzfest was kind enough to provide complimentary blindfolds to shield your eyes from all the floppy saggy 40something tits coming out of the airbrush booth, and a bulldozer to get all the drunk fratboy-esque windmilling fools out of your way.

Ozzfest fails on all counts.:Smug:

LAWL@Ozzfest.

If there's a more mismanaged, continually disappointing festival out there, I have yet to hear about it.:lol:

Ozzfest's lineups have never justified the astonomical cost of parking, show tickets, or booze (this is a necessity at an ordeal like Ozzfest), and having to fork out that much cash just to see one or two good bands would only be marginally worth it if Ozzfest was kind enough to provide complimentary blindfolds to shield your eyes from all the floppy saggy 40something tits coming out of the airbrush booth, and a bulldozer to get all the drunk fratboy-esque windmilling fools out of your way.

:yuk::lol: I couldn't agree more.

The only Ozzfest I've seen(and the only one I really wanted to see) was the (2005?) show with Slayer, JP, Sabbath, and Dimmu on the main stage. That year was very good, but the huge festival crowd and the venue kinda sucked.

*break*
Who's playing guitar for Voivod?

LAWL@Ozzfest.

I gotta disagree. While I've never actually been to an Ozzfest (perhaps that diminishes my opinion on this matter though haha), those guys send 20 bands accross the country along with a gigantic crew and stage shit each year and even little micro attractions. For a festival to do that and make the bank that Ozzfest made is a prettay difficult thing. Keep in mind how much of a huge hastle it is to do all that, not to mention how much money it costs. So... mismanaged? Not really, when that kind of money is being spent, everything has to be absolutely perfect... for obvious reasons. Does that mean it guarentees success for 15 years (or however old Ozzfest is)? Hell no!

Even though I do give Koshick some props for putting together lineups in the 90s that made Wacken cry for mercy, that dude as of the last few years is the epitome of the greedy fuckup, so yeah +1 to Stingray.

Good question. I imagine it would be a bunch of guest guitarists... pretty sure the band said they'd do something like that at some point.

There's nothing that I saw on their Myspace or the band website. And as far as their website they still list Jason as being the bassist. Did he leave permanently(with the success of Rock Star:lol:) or is he still in?