Ozzfest 2008 Announced?

Dude.
In my entire LIFE I have never met a single person who has never heard of Iron Maiden.
Not a single one.
I met a mentally handicapped kid a few years back who couldn't tie his own damn shoes and he knew who Iron Maiden was (liked 'em, too). :p

My argument for this would be to assume you don't hang out with many people who aren't into metal or 'tarded. I mean, seriously do you ask every person from the checker at the grocery store to the 80 year old lady who makes your burger at Wendy's if they know who Iron Maiden? I doubt it comes up. And again, name recognition... i would bet if you went out on the street right now and asked the next 100 people you saw to name one metal band, you'd get more "Metallica" than anyone else. Obviously people have heard of Maiden, and obviously most people will have heard of them, but Metallica is a bigger name than Maiden.

My argument for this would be to assume you don't hang out with many people who aren't into metal or 'tarded. I mean, seriously do you ask every person from the checker at the grocery store to the 80 year old lady who makes your burger at Wendy's if they know who Iron Maiden? I doubt it comes up. And again, name recognition... i would bet if you went out on the street right now and asked the next 100 people you saw to name one metal band, you'd get more "Metallica" than anyone else. Obviously people have heard of Maiden, and obviously most people will have heard of them, but Metallica is a bigger name than Maiden.

Wait.
Are we talking about Ozzy, or Maiden, or Metallica? :Smug:
I hang out with all sorts of folks from all walks of life, 'tarded and otherwise, and while I don't go around asking strangers about Iron Maiden all the live-long day (I prefer to waste my precious time here on UltimateMetal), the point is that for every random non-metalhead who knows who Ozzy is, there's one who knows who Maiden is.
And for the record, 80 year old ladies don't make my burger at Wendy's.
20 year old Mexicans make my burger at Wendy's...and I bet they know who Iron Maiden is. :kickass:

...Oh yeah, and screw Metallica. :lol:

I honestly don't fuckin' know what we're talking about anymore :lol: I just know those three bands were mentioned.... fuck Ozzy though. honestly.

And good for you for spending your time on UltimateMetal... that's pretty much the best usage of time i've found in my life. :lol:

And one thing i've learned is Mexicans love their metal. Mexicans not only know who Maiden is, but every fucking obscure-ass true, black and death metal band ever. It's ridiculous, they live and breathe this shit.

I honestly don't fuckin' know what we're talking about anymore :lol: I just know those three bands were mentioned.... fuck Ozzy though. honestly.

And good for you for spending your time on UltimateMetal... that's pretty much the best usage of time i've found in my life. :lol:

And one thing i've learned is Mexicans love their metal. Mexicans not only know who Maiden is, but every fucking obscure-ass true, black and death metal band ever. It's ridiculous, they live and breathe this shit.

Mexicans FTW :kickass::kickass::kickass: