Pagan Altar's status?

ummm, i checked Pagan Altar's one of their cds, and i dont even understand why they got nominated... they dont fit the essence of HC at all.... :erk: Arkona would be the perfect addition in my opinion...

ummm, i checked Pagan Altar's one of their cds, and i dont even understand why they got nominated... they dont fit the essence of HC at all.... :erk: Arkona would be the perfect addition in my opinion...

Everyone wants Arkona but not willing to help sponsor them. More people willing to sponsor Pagan Altar.

Just because it says heathen crusade, it does not mean the bands have to be a pagan, nor does it have to be an extreme band.

Just because it says heathen crusade, it does not mean the bands have to be a pagan, nor does it have to be an extreme band.

In that case, I'd love to see Fejd.

I was more than willing to sponsor Arkona, but obviously the few people who wanted to do that are not enough.
I think that ravenklaw has a point though. The only reason I attended the first Heathen Crusade was for Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, and Primordial. The main draw for me for the second one was Månegarm, and Skyforger. Without those bands, I would've never thought about attending. So, to me, these bands and the festival name do imply a certain theme that I don't see Pagan Altar fitting. To each their own though.

I think Pagan Altar fits perfectly with the theme of the fest. Lyricwise and imagewise it all has to do with the occult and Satanism. And it is called HEATHEN Crusade afterall. They may not sound like any of the bands on the fest, but they are one of the best heavy bands to ever be produced. They are an anomaly in metal history since they came back over 20 years later after disbanding and producing even more quality material. They deserve the exposure in the states this kind of fest would bring them and I think they would bring in more people that would normally not attend the fest if they were not on it.

Ancient Rites & Morrigan are already bringing back the standard HC attendee. Pagan Altar will be attracting a demographic that Arkona would not be able to tap in to. Fuck, they've been playing metal, while most of these bands were still suckling their mother's teats.

Ancient Rites & Morrigan are already bringing back the standard HC attendee. Pagan Altar will be attracting a demographic that Arkona would not be able to tap in to. Fuck, they've been playing metal, while most of these bands were still suckling their mother's teats.

I'm talking more from a personal standpoint, as the bands I listed from the previous fests are top favorites of mine. While I do enjoy what Ancient Rites and some Morrigan I've heard, they are not bands that make me want to up and book a flight and hotel immediately. Not to mention travel expenses are a lot higher this time around, but that's the same for anyone. Arkona would be a band I would not miss an opportunity to see on the other hand, travel costs be damned.

By no means am I saying I dislike Pagan Altar. I've only heard Mythical and Magical, but I think it's a great album. Just that there are other bands I'd rather spend my hard earned money on.

I can picture this band headlining a show with a reformed St. Vitus or even Trouble, but this fest doesn't seem like the right place for them. Then again, the same can be said for Todensbonden. Anyway, I can also think of many other bands that could fit in a bit better, Morrigan being a definite one of them.

The hole fitting the fest thing is kinda odd... I mean: Slough Feg, Rudra, The Chasm, Novembers Doom, and Gwynbleidd were all odd men out, and quite successful at the fest.

I beg to differ, Arkona would certainly tap into the paganfest crowd. Pagan Altar has almost no name recognition.