Pagan Fest (Europe/North America) - April/May 2008

Pretty sure Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow are more popular than Tyr and Turisas here. That might change since everyone has a hard on for this stupid battle metal shit.

Oh Ryan...imagine seeing Wooden Pints live. I get a raging hard on just thinking about it. Holy shit and if I was 21 and could drink beer during that song...it'd be the best five minutes of my life.

yup, sombody is taking a big chance with this tour, that's for sure, I only hope it is sucessful, I will try to get my ticket for the first week's date just in case it doesn't go belly up like AA in 2003 with Immortal and Judias Priest, judging by how many showed up to Heather Crusades I don't believe there are many familiar with these bands

amon amarth are a lot bigger than any of the bands on the pagan fest list.btw i saw korpiklaani at leeds rio's on the 18 th of december and had a great night.

Well that fear was ungrounded, for what the Antwerp gig was concerned. Sold out two weeks before the date.

Mini-report.

Angeli di Pietra - Great band, rarely see the venue packed for the opening act, but they did it and the crowd did along great. http://www.myspace.com/angelidipietra
Tyr - Were good. Not real party music though, but the leads and solo's were great.
Eluveitie - Second best band of the evening. They opened with Inis Mona and closed with Your Gaulish War. Everything in between was circledancing/folkdancing
Moonsorrow - For many the food/drink/rest band, though there were still a good amount of people in the hall.
Korpiklaani - Best band of the evening. Non stop fun. They didn't play beer beer though. Well, maybe at graspop (we get so spoiled here in Belgium)
Ensiferum - Kind of a minor after Korpiklaani. Could or could not have been accause of the 15 yr old groupies screaming for that Petri guy. Its. not.fucking.Tokyo. Hotel.

folk metal + no alcohol = :cry:

the drinking age being 21 probably hurts sales more than anything

Well that fear was ungrounded, for what the Antwerp gig was concerned. Sold out two weeks before the date.

Mini-report.

Angeli di Pietra - Great band, rarely see the venue packed for the opening act, but they did it and the crowd did along great. http://www.myspace.com/angelidipietra
Tyr - Were good. Not real party music though, but the leads and solo's were great.
Eluveitie - Second best band of the evening. They opened with Inis Mona and closed with Your Gaulish War. Everything in between was circledancing/folkdancing
Moonsorrow - For many the food/drink/rest band, though there were still a good amount of people in the hall.
Korpiklaani - Best band of the evening. Non stop fun. They didn't play beer beer though. Well, maybe at graspop (we get so spoiled here in Belgium)
Ensiferum - Kind of a minor after Korpiklaani. Could or could not have been accause of the 15 yr old groupies screaming for that Petri guy. Its. not.fucking.Tokyo. Hotel.

Could you possibly tell me which songs from their last album did Korpiklaani and Eluveitie play? I only just got their last albums so I hardly know them well, and I prefer knowing the songs before seeing them live... Cause its more fun and also if the sound sucks at least I'll be able to follow if i know the songs :)

edit : oh, and add ensiferum's latest album to that question :p yeah, I got all these albums quite late, a shame I know..

Could you possibly tell me which songs from their last album did Korpiklaani and Eluveitie play? I only just got their last albums so I hardly know them well, and I prefer knowing the songs before seeing them live... Cause its more fun and also if the sound sucks at least I'll be able to follow if i know the songs :)

edit : oh, and add ensiferum's latest album to that question :p yeah, I got all these albums quite late, a shame I know..

Eluveitie opened with Inis Mona. They also did Bloodstained Ground, I believe from the latest. And Your Gaulish War. But as I said, the rest was just one blur of dancing and moshing and good fun.

Korpiklaani, i don't have the last two of them so I can't really say. But they did Wooden Pints, Happy Little Boozer, Cottages and Saunas and Journeyman.

Edit:

Ensiferum did Blood is the price of glory, one more magic potion, Ahti and Victory Song from their latest. They also did La La Hei and Battle song