Pagan's Mind - God's Equation.... Just arrived....

After 1 listen last night, Atomic Firelight kicks ass.... I need to spin this a few times today to form a better opinion of the entire release....

The guitar tone on this album is fantastic. Better than on the previous ones, and I have always liked Jorn Viggo's sound. It sounds like the EVH tone but a bit more modern and metal. Listen to the end of Spirit Starcruiser - if that isn't a Van Halen homage I don't know what is. I have to say that this album is not as catchy overall as Enigmatic : Calling and it doesn't "grab" you right away like that album, but after a few spins you will begin to find its strengths and it will hook you. One of the best albums of the year, and I'm glad I preordered.

The guitar tone on this album is fantastic. Better than on the previous ones, and I have always liked Jorn Viggo's sound. It sounds like the EVH tone but a bit more modern and metal. Listen to the end of Spirit Starcruiser - if that isn't a Van Halen homage I don't know what is. I have to say that this album is not as catchy overall as Enigmatic : Calling and it doesn't "grab" you right away like that album, but after a few spins you will begin to find its strengths and it will hook you. One of the best albums of the year, and I'm glad I preordered.
Enigmatic Calling didn't grab me right away ... it' very similar to Celestial Entrance, but itsn't as good. It's lacking in catchiness compared to it's predecessor.

What I like about the new one, and why it hit me quicker than the previous disc is because it seems fresh .. doesn't sound a lot like the past couple of discs. It's also a little more aggressive perhaps, and all in all the disc seems like a change of pace for PM. I'm pretty happy with the direction they chose for this one.

Britt

Can anyone please tell me how ya'll ordered the pagan's mind cd. what site ya'll used or what so i could get it..thanks..:headbang:

Can anyone please tell me how ya'll ordered the pagan's mind cd. what site ya'll used or what so i could get it..thanks..:headbang:

There was a posting from Laser's Edge on this forum announcing it. I think they're sold out of this special 2 CD edition. I've heard that they still have the regular release though.

The US release of this album will take place in January. Not sure if they will also publish a 2 CD special edition or not.

I am still awaiting my copy. I hope it will arrive Monday.

As far as Enigmatic.... I actually liked it better than Celestial. I will admit that it sounded very similar to CE, but aside from their obvious anthem (Through Osiris Eyes) I thought EC really had more catchy songs. I am ready for a change though.

Bryant

Enigmatic Calling didn't grab me right away ... it' very similar to Celestial Entrance, but itsn't as good. It's lacking in catchiness compared to it's predecessor.

What I like about the new one, and why it hit me quicker than the previous disc is because it seems fresh .. doesn't sound a lot like the past couple of discs. It's also a little more aggressive perhaps, and all in all the disc seems like a change of pace for PM. I'm pretty happy with the direction they chose for this one.

Britt

This album has made me a big fan of the band, i wasn't before . Their other albums sounded almost like demos to me, not very good productions at all. This album has killer catchy songs and an amazing production on it. This is the highlight of their career so far and should gain them alot of new fans.

Yeah. Um, wow. Yeah.
:OMG:o_O:OMG:o_O:OMG:

:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

:worship:

The production is awesome, the songs are great. I love the way the drums and guitars intertwine like they're having intense sex during Atomic Firelight. Ok, maybe those beautiful boobies went to my brain, but BOOBIES!! AND METAL!! :loco::headbang::loco:

Alien Kamikaze is just plain wild, heh. Would love to see it live, but I might headbang so hard, I'd break my neck. :p

And yeah, great release, nuff said.

This album has made me a big fan of the band, i wasn't before . Their other albums sounded almost like demos to me, not very good productions at all. This album has killer catchy songs and an amazing production on it. This is the highlight of their career so far and should gain them alot of new fans.

Celestial Entrance sounds like a demo? May I recommend....

200.jpg

Hehe - I have to agree Celestial sounds far from a demo.

I still consider Celestial as my fav but the new one is pretty kick ass and Pagan's Mind continue to forge their own unique path in my opinion.

I only have to say one thing about this new album:

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I listened to the CD while driving in the car today.... I did NOT want to get out of the car when I reached my destination. The album is SO good!!! :kickass: :headbang:

If you are on the fence of buying this CD, you'll not be dissapointed with this purchase. Simply put, this thing KICKS SOLID ASS!!