Pagan's Mind - God's Equation.... Just arrived....

I have to stick with Celestial as their best,by far.I'm disappointed with the lack of crunch on the guitar sounds...it sounds too sterile.I will give this at least a few more spins and hope that it grows on me,but for now it falls in the category of mediocre.The songs don't pull you in

Now im a rather large Pagan's Mind fan, not quite of the magnitude that DrumRman is but have been listening to them since the first album. I have to admit that it took a good 5 listens for me to catch on. But now im completely hooked. This album has grabbed me by the throat and not let go. My album of 2007 without doubt.

PS-did i see a guy say the guitars have no crunch? Anymore crunch on the guitar sound on this album and it'd be a bowl of dry coco puffs.
PPS-Jorn Viggo rules.

I just got home and found mine in the mailbox as well! Woo Hoo!

<rips into the mailer from Laser's Edge>

Celestial Entrance sounds like a demo? May I recommend....

200.jpg

Agreed whole heartedly, dude, what were you smoking when you listened to it???

Back to "God's Equation", I have listened to the album just one time yet, but it sounds very promising. Hope that I will love it.

Back to "God's Equation", I have listened to the album just one time yet, but it sounds very promising. Hope that I will love it.

God's Equation is an orgasmically delicious album. Every song explodes! My favorite part is the ending to "Spirit Starcruiser." You can feel the passion behind every note on that outro; it waves down my spine every time I hear it.

The Michael

Pre ordered the album the second it was available and i must say that god's equation tops all the other ones. Great stuff from pagan's mind and contender for album of the year! Unfortunately, i couldnt get my hands yet on the bonus disc, anyone listened to the track "shining eternally"? How is it?

Pagan's Mind continues to improve with each release. I bought the Special Edition so also enjoyed the demo tunes from past releases and the video. It was humorous how they changed the CD art on the carboard sleeve to cover the woman's nipples.....but then had a sticker, a poster as well as the jewel case insert with the original art.

I agree. I rewind that part alot. Superb.

Another amazing part is the "palm muted one chord chugga madness" on "Alien Kamikaze." When it transfer from uber heavy to that slick groove for a few measures... ohhhh man!

You gotta love the heavyness in this album. Most of the time, heavy parts (pizzicatto ala tempos of absurdity) are associated with negative emotions. You feel darkness and agression when you hear it.

I've never heard an album so heavy that makes me feel so good. Pagan's Mind has such a positive vibe to it. Gotta love it.

The Michael