Pain of Salvation Appreciation

POS = LOVE

i love TPE I, RL, BE, 12.5, Entropia.... and concrete lake is pretty good.

now, scarsick..... masterpiece. it was strange at first but now i am just blown away by its brilliance. the concept and lyrics are just amazing. the striped down sound i just love. all the tracks are unique and it flows so well.

Scarsick - i can see some of the so called nu metal influences in the chorus of this track.... but who cares, the song is just amazing and introduces the whole idea of "scarsick".

SPITFALL!!! - this song is amazing. especially the last 3 mins where the lyrics get aggressive and there is that massive solo low in the mix it. oh and well... the lyrics are so true.... and i am glad some one finally commented on the typical rap artists of today.

Cribcaged - i love the repetition of lyrics in this track. the way the song builds up from this bluesy ballad to this heavy epic peak. once again the lyrics speak the truth.

America - catchy tune... i see a lot of people going on about how its just another political track paying out America. has any one listened to what he is saying. the song is about hope. Gildenlöw is saying he wont give up on America.
"oh America
if I say I love you
if I say I love you
if I say I love you
dare you love me too?"

Disco Queen - not much to say about this track, its a great tune with very interesting lyrics.

Kingdom of Loss - i guess this is kinda the turning point in the album, where the concept moves away from "he"s commentary of the world he lives in, and becomes more internal. especially love the last part of this track.

Mrs. Modern Mother Mary - one of the least standout tracks on the album. if i had to say there was a low point it would be this. great commentary on organized religion and you can tell the pressure on "he" is building.

Idiocracy - One of my fav tracks off the album, the end of the song stands out vocally to me as one of Gildenlöws greatest moments. the transition from this track to the next is just perfect.

Flame to the Moth - Gildenlöw GROWLS/SCREAMS = YES!!!!, i think this song is perfect, from the intensity in the vocals to the ever building music. lyrically i think it perfectly describes how terrible of a state "he" is in. I have heard people think this song is ruined to due the way it builds at the end but then ends. but it makes perfect sense. instead of breaking out into some kinda epic high point we are treated with silence and the slight flutter of wind.... "he" jumping off the build... i think thats more epic then anything musically.

Enter Rain - the song has grown on me considerably since first listening and i now consider it one of there greatest album closers. the line "in just one year another storm will come" makes me think this may be a hint at Perfect Element Part 3 "she". the songs shining moment for me is from around 6 mins with the line "my eyes will flicker". a remarkable closer to "he"s journey.

BRing on pART 3
i think the soft tune at the end of enter rain after the sirens hints at what to expect from "she".

Ahh. Yeah, I think it's like choosing the lesser of two evils/ the shit sandwich vs. the douche bag but I can't imagine anyone being worse than Bush and don't forget the snake in the grass thats with him, Cheney. In my opinion the president is a talking head anyhow and if you ask me the whole system is a joke. He definitely doesn't help the current situations any, especially considering the people he took into office with him. But I don't want to get into a political discussing because the root of the evil is materialism which is the only god people seem to worship these days. Americans forgot their roots, they were rebels who rebelled against a failing system, and this one is failing but no one is doing anything about it as long as they have a nice house, and a nice big suv in their driveway, so things will progressively get worse. The whole system is fucked, but we'll see how they like it when the shit hits the fan, and there's nothing left to save, although that might give them something to live for once again. Like they say todays empires, tomorrows ashes.

People are so eager to point the finger elsewhere and not look at the real problem which usually comes from within. The problem with that is when people don't even know who they are anymore due to materialism and such a thing becomes impossible. We could be living better, and progressing as decent human beings but it doesn't looks like that's gonna happen anytime soon.

If anything Daniel and others like him are just trying to give us a wake up call. We're all spiritually sick.

Yeah, politics get tired and old very fast. It's always the same thing over and over again. No matter who's in office someone will always be bitching.

Now You're just being silly if you think it's nu metal at all just because he raps. It's prog music(not even metal because there are far too many elements) and if you can't hear that you're either too biased, or ignorant, and I know for a fact you aren't ignorant. You must have never heard faith no more either. Also it's funny for you to say, "a little talent," when in all reality they have more talent than most bands can imagine.

I doubt he wrote the song to sell records, more like it's just too hard to ignore America. America is the strongest nation right now, and if we fuck up it affects the rest of the world. Also he drives a solid statement home, that if we weren't so busy being materialistic we might have chosen a little wiser on our president. And you may call it a cheap shot but people in general don't take notice of anything unless you constantly hit them over the head with it. Fact is if people don't stop being so materialistic we are definitely screwed. No matter what country he is from as you can see by his extremely valid lyrics he obviously knows what he's talking about, and that's all that matters.

To me it is "awesome prog" and I'm glade they're willing to change things up if the time is right. How else is he going to make a statement about the times without showing influence of the times. the whole c.d. is about people who are symptoms of the times. But I expect there to be a ton of people just being biased and not giving it a shot because there is rap, and because of that for them to saying stupid things. But I personally like bands that push genres into new territories and are willing to really say something, as long as they do it right, and I feel this is the case. We're talking about Daniel gildenlow, he knows what he's doing.

Now if you just don't like it that's cool, but don't say things that make no sense. Kevin is still a badass, although he needs to make a little more relevant argument next time.

You think too much over my comments. FACIST!

I think overall listening to it and reading the lyrics I still don't like it as much as their other albums. The lyrics are what I already know...They aren't well though out or anything...Bands have been making lyrics like that forever. If it came out in like 2000 or 2001 I would think more of it. Cribcaged and Kingdom Of Loss are the only ones I can really get into. The first two songs give me a headache.

Time to listen to the new Moonsorrow :)