Pain Of Salvation - BE

Aussie_Outlaw

King Of Fools
Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Figured I'd start a thread since I know if I don't Sprucy will eventually.

I got the album this morning... welll... I actually laid in bed while my girlfriend went into Metal Mayhem and picked it up for me.

It's pretty weird, I listened to it quickly and basically track 5 (Lilium Creuentus [Deus Nova]) would be my favourite so far. Haven't really had time to read the concept behind it but it seems to be quite a decent album.

I know Sprucy will drop in and perhaps one or two of your others may pick it up

I ordered it from Amazon about a month ago. Only got despatched this morning :(

Should get it next week sometime.

I have heard pretty positive reviews. I am prepared for it to be weird, but the general feeling is this:

1st Listen - What the Fuck?
2nd Listen - This is alright, but what the fuck?
3rd Listen - Hmm... This is growing on me. What the fuck?
4th Listen - Wow, this is pretty intense
5th Listen - :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

I can't wait. As with all POS albums, it may take a while for you to get, but when you do.... Fuckin brilliant

:worship: :worship: Daniel Gildenlow :worship: :worship:

Hands down, my favorite musician EVAH! This guy is a fucking legend. I got BE yesterday. Listened to it once..... Thought it was weird but had promise. Listened to it again through headphones whilst reading the lyrics. Fuckin awesome. The concept is so fucking deep and intense. It was awesome to read along with the lyrics and try to decipher the story. I have a basic idea, but it is way too complex for me to figure out. I will wait untill Daniel posts the synopsis on the POS website.

It has alot of moments of beauty on the album. Daniels singing is once again phenomenal. He is such an emotional performer. I listened to the entire album once more this morning before work. It gets better with each listen. It takes a few tracks before it really starts going (You don't hear Daniel untill the 3rd song.. then the 4th is an instrumental which is very X Files), and then the 5th song is where it starts to sound a little like POS. It is a very different album to the previous ones.

I give it 5 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5 so far, and I only imagine that it will get better and better.