PAIN OF SALVATION to tour North America with KINGCROW and IMMINENT SONIC DESTRUCTION

(SPOILER ALERT)

Setlist based on one guitar - may change ;)

Intro
Softly she cries
Linoleum
Diffidentia
Ashes
To the shoreline
Holy diver
Stress
Disco queen
Ending themes
Iter impius
Spitfall
Falling
The perfect element
-----
No way
Sisters
Ugghhh. You mean to tell me they're not doing a single Nevermore cover? WTF?

Yesterday was a long day but we did it.

Few thoughts:

- 2nd guitarist may be solved soon at least partially.
- Daniel Gildenlow is SO HAPPY to be here. He's in the best of spirits and super excited!

(SPOILER ALERT)

Setlist based on one guitar - may change ;)

Intro
Softly she cries
Linoleum
Diffidentia
Ashes
To the shoreline
Holy diver
Stress
Disco queen
Ending themes
Iter impius
Spitfall
Falling
The perfect element
-----
No way
Sisters

Not too crazy about that setlist, I'm not a big fan of Pain of Blues. That being said, I'll see them in Quebec City may 7th with Kingcrow and Heaven's Cry which are the main reasons why I want to go to this show.

How was Kingcrow and how does their new material comes thru? In Crescendo is my #1 for this year.

Steve

I believe "Ashes" is dedicated to them though?
Wow... that's cold. :lol:

Sorry bro. However, Disco Queen will make you feel as if you're back into your post-college days. :lol:
I may be older, but you just had a kid, which means you're officially aging more rapidly than me. It's just a matter of time until you pass me. I give you three years before you're wearing sandals with black socks and yelling at the neighbor kids to stay off your lawn.

Kingcrow lit it up last night. At Empire in VA the schedule had them down from 8:50 to 9:35 but they probably played an hour even with having gone on late. I couldn't figure it out until Daniel said PoS is a guitarist down. It was obvious PoS had to improvise a new set-list. Even so, Daniel was super apologetic and the band put on a very good show for what they had.

For those of you waiting to see PoS and Kingcrow, enjoy the show!

I may be older, but you just had a kid, which means you're officially aging more rapidly than me. It's just a matter of time until you pass me. I give you three years before you're wearing sandals with black socks and yelling at the neighbor kids to stay off your lawn.

:lol::lol::lol:

I cringe at people who wear sandals and socks. To me, that's something Geoff Tate would do. :lol:

Kingcrow lit it up last night. At Empire in VA the schedule had them down from 8:50 to 9:35 but they probably played an hour even with having gone on late. I couldn't figure it out until Daniel said PoS is a guitarist down. It was obvious PoS had to improvise a new set-list. Even so, Daniel was super apologetic and the band put on a very good show for what they had.

For those of you waiting to see PoS and Kingcrow, enjoy the show!

The night before their flight out of Stockholm, I got a call from Pain of Salvation's manager explaining that they were having a very hectic morning. Roger (2nd guitarist) would be missing his flight and the whole tour because his pregnant wife had to be rushed to the hospital to get an emergency C-section (she was 6 months pregnant). I am not sure how she and the baby are doing (at this point, assuming no news has been good news), but that's the reason why they're one man down.

The setlist had to be tweaked indeed. However, there's a slim chance (but there's a chance nonetheless) that this may change in the next few shows. We'll see.

I forgot to plug Imminent Sonic Destruction. Those guys clearly have a fun time playing music and their tunes are damn good. Great job, ISD! I highly suggest picking up a CD to support those guys as they are unsigned.

Missed the other openers.. only got a chance to see Kingcrow and Pain of Salvation.

Kingcrow was great. I enjoyed the set more than the last time I saw them. Picked up their latest from the merch table to check them out further.

Pain of Salvation is clearly a different band (not just with regards to lineup but also tone) than they were the last time they played in the US. I miss the old stuff for sure... the more serious, fierce and raw material through TPE pt1. That wasn't the band I saw last night. But Daniel is clearly at home with and enjoying the material he's been releasing the past couple of albums, and I must admit his performance of the newer songs did a much better job winning me over than spinning the CDs did. Vocally he sounded fantastic and it was a big treat hearing songs like Sisters and Iter impius performed... just beautiful.

I don't know if it's his intention, but it seems like more and more he's placing his voice as the centerpiece of the songs he's writing, which makes the past couple of records more like Daniel Gildenlöw solo releases/tour than the band I've seen at ProgPower. It may not be the Pain of Salvation that I remember, but it is an interesting and compelling variation... and not a bad way to spend an evening. Much appreciation to all those involved with putting the tour together.

The night before their flight out of Stockholm, I got a call from Pain of Salvation's manager explaining that they were having a very hectic morning. Roger (2nd guitarist) would be missing his flight and the whole tour because his pregnant wife had to be rushed to the hospital to get an emergency C-section (she was 6 months pregnant). I am not sure how she and the baby are doing (at this point, assuming no news has been good news), but that's the reason why they're one man down.

The setlist had to be tweaked indeed. However, there's a slim chance (but there's a chance nonetheless) that this may change in the next few shows. We'll see.

If they don't tweak it by the end of the tour will you tell us what we missed? :D

If they don't tweak it by the end of the tour will you tell us what we missed? :D

I'll actually tell you right now what you'll miss if you don't go see the shows.

Three amazing performances by bands who truly believe in their talent and will give you EVERYTHING on stage.

Looking forward to it.

hell-freezes-over-350.jpg