Pakistani Fans Waiting For Opeth!

enthrall

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2005
First of all i would like to say " :worship: HAILZ TO OPETH FOR CREATING SUCH MUSIC! :worship:

And i'd like to inform them that there is a huge pakistani fan club of opeth...and all the underground bands practice opeths songs as covers...Even We Practice them!...

Iam sure that if you guys come to pakistan it will be a fucking successful tour!..so plz do sumthing about it!...dont worry about sponsors plz!!...Just come to pakistan!..and u just see millions of metalheads will come!...

Plz reply Mikael! :)

Rauhan

Well done Moonlapse!

personally i'd love to see opeth playing different countries rather than the usual ones... im sure pakistan is a great country full of metal fans!!!

kisses and hugs everyone, roses, rainbows, greetings, cheesy love songs... for everyone!!

I posted a similar topic once about wether or not Opeth would ever be visiting the arabian gulf. There were also requests for Opeth to visit Brazil. To be brutally honest with you, i am 100% sure that they will never tour anywhere outside Europe, North America, and occasionally Australia.

A. Iverson said:
I posted a similar topic once about wether or not Opeth would ever be visiting the arabian gulf. There were also requests for Opeth to visit Brazil. To be brutally honest with you, i am 100% sure that they will never tour anywhere outside Europe, North America, and occasionally Australia.

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking, but it's amazing to hear about Pakistani/middle-eastern folks digging Opeth. That's pretty cool.

A. Iverson said:

Japan?

My name is eliad and i'm from israel...
big fan of opeth, and waiting for show in israel of opeth..

someone told me that he talked with mikael... and mikael said that they going to play in israel
is that true?? or just rumors??

I regularly visit this forum, but this thread has made me register and post a comment. First off, I live in Pakistan, and yes, there are many metalheads in this country. The thing that really hurts me is ignorance on the Western side. I read the deleted posts in this thread and got a feeling that many people consider Pakistan a part of Middle East. And they think almost everyone here is a “towel-head” and women are shot if they do not cover their heads. I never saw this Pakistan myself, for it doesn’t exist at all.

I regularly go to the underground metal gigs almost every week, and there are a few bands that aside from their original material cover the most difficult Opeth tunes. I will make sure that I record a couple of bootlegs of such gigs, and I’ll post a link up here somewhere. The point is, please do NOT act like “wow, there are metalheads in Pakistan, really weird!!” because it really shows how “good” the media has played its part in showing the few assholes who’d blow themselves up as representatives of an otherwise totally peaceful country.

And also, Pakistan is culturally MORE similar to India than it is to Afghanistan.

I think it is interesting how metal (and western music in general) has a fanbase in other parts of the world. I really do not see why Opeth shouldn't tour the eastern world. There is probably a lower percentage of the population who listen to metal in comparsion to to europe, but there lives a hell load of people in the eastern world. Maybe there are huge possibilites for metal in eastern countries? :):headbang:

Radix Lecti said:
I regularly visit this forum, but this thread has made me register and post a comment. First off, I live in Pakistan, and yes, there are many metalheads in this country. The thing that really hurts me is ignorance on the Western side. I read the deleted posts in this thread and got a feeling that many people consider Pakistan a part of Middle East. And they think almost everyone here is a “towel-head” and women are shot if they do not cover their heads. I never saw this Pakistan myself, for it doesn’t exist at all.

I regularly go to the underground metal gigs almost every week, and there are a few bands that aside from their original material cover the most difficult Opeth tunes. I will make sure that I record a couple of bootlegs of such gigs, and I’ll post a link up here somewhere. The point is, please do NOT act like “wow, there are metalheads in Pakistan, really weird!!” because it really shows how “good” the media has played its part in showing the few assholes who’d blow themselves up as representatives of an otherwise totally peaceful country.

And also, Pakistan is culturally MORE similar to India than it is to Afghanistan.

I never would have guessed that Pakistan had a substantial metal following. And go easy on westerners, it seems everyone expects us to know everything about every culture otherwise we are ignorant.

Scarlett Letterman said:
And go easy on westerners, it seems everyone expects us to know everything about every culture otherwise we are ignorant.

naaah dude we just get pissed offf when u subconciously accept everything your media shits before you. We dont expect you to know everything about every culture, but we do expect you not to make false assumptions or jump to biased conclusions, thats all.

I had a cousin in northern India who lived in a village with his family for many years, and he was into Metallica long before I got into rock/metal. I mean, these people had to get drinking water from a well, no flushing toilets, had limited electricity, and was surrounded by jungles. Yet here was my cousin, rocking out to Metallica in the early 90's with his ghetto antiquated stereo player and a bunch of their tapes. He also had "friends" who were guitarists and they would get high alot and play rock/metal music. This was back in the day...now he's in a big city in India and God knows what kind of metal he's listening to. I know for sure that in the big cities of India, there's a healthy underground movement of metal, especially now. :headbang:

If I see him again, I would really like to see his reaction to Opeth's music, if he hasn't heard them already. :)

Edit: http://www.rsjonline.com/Bandlands/...lace=&Genre=metal&Country=India&Status=Active

Just a sample of what's going on over in India. Some of the bands listed have sample songs so check them out. You can also check out bands from other neighboring countries by browsing the site.

Edit 2: Here are some example tracks:

Exhumation:
http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Exhumation/Exhumation -- Racial Slaughter.MP3

http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Exhumation/Exhumation - Under The Knife.MP3

Demonic Resurrection:
http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Demoni...rection - Spirits Of The Mystic Mountains.MP3

http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Demonic Resurrection/Demonic Resurrection - Frozen Portrait.MP3

Radix Lecti said:

*CLAPS!*

Props to you Pakistani Opeth fans! What are some other bands that get covered over there by the locals? And how's things going with the earthquake recovery over there?

Props to you Pakistani Opeth fans! What are some other bands that get covered over there by the locals? And how's things going with the earthquake recovery over there?

There is a fairly popular (in underground, that it) band here called Palimpsest. Its essentially a melodic death metal band, and they made an album called "The Ultimate Debate", which was stunning for a debut.

I usually go to their gigs which take place every now and then. They always surprise you by covering the most unexpected bands in an unbelievable way. Like only last month, they played the first 11 minutes of Black Rose Immortal, then played other songs, and finished the gig with the last 9 minutes of BRI. It was a great way to end the gig, i was left breathless. They usually play In Flames and Dark Tranquillity covers, but they always surprise me with unexpoected ones.

About the earthquake, things are getting better now. I live in Lahore, and the quake was only mild here, no major damages. It was the mountain ranges that got struck pretty bad. I think Musharraf is doing a fantastic job in reconstruction efforts, and not to mention the unbelievable support of you guys, the international communty.

Well, just to show you guys that I am not kidding, check this song out. Its from a band called Kain, and the song is called "Qaid" (meaning "imprisonment"). The song is a bit nu-metal to attract kids, and it's in Urdu. (If you can "understand" Rammstein, you won't have a problem with this one) :) Also, the guitar solo is very neat.

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=380785