Pakistani Fans Waiting For Opeth!

Radix Lecti said:
Well, just to show you guys that I am not kidding, check this song out. Its from a band called Kain, and the song is called "Qaid" (meaning "imprisonment"). The song is a bit nu-metal to attract kids, and it's in Urdu. (If you can "understand" Rammstein, you won't have a problem with this one) :) Also, the guitar solo is very neat.

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=380785

Well as a matter of fact...when u talk about kain.... the vocalist of kain is really a good friend of mine..and another fact that the vdo is gonna be aired on geo entertainment for the first time...after about 30 mins from now...soo best of luck to kain!.....:headbang:

This would probably be a good thread to ask this:

My buddy once told me he downloaded some songs by a metal band from somewhere in and around India/Pakistan...he said they used a lot of traditional instruments like Sitars and such...I've never been able to find the band and I'm really interested in hearing it. If any of you Pakistani metal fans out there know of the band I would be greatful to know the name.

mayhemchrist said:

My buddy once told me he downloaded some songs by a metal band from somewhere in and around India/Pakistan...he said they used a lot of traditional instruments like Sitars and such...I've never been able to find the band and I'm really interested in hearing it. If any of you Pakistani metal fans out there know of the band I would be greatful to know the name.

Dude!...:err: no sitars comeon!...lolz!..we dont use sitars in metal music in pakistan man.. come on!... but it's a good idea though!

Radix Lectii said:
Well, just to show you guys that I am not kidding, check this song out. Its from a band called Kain, and the song is called "Qaid" (meaning "imprisonment"). The song is a bit nu-metal to attract kids, and it's in Urdu. (If you can "understand" Rammstein, you won't have a problem with this one) Also, the guitar solo is very neat.

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=380785
A bit of Tool influence, eh? Pretty good song overall.

mayhemchrist said:

perhaps rudra? they are from singapore though, but the members are of indian descent.

well someone was saying that kain is a nu-metal band ... well offcourse a band is considered nu-metal when they finally come in the mainstream scene ... Kain has been an underground "METAL" band since the last two years ..We do ALOT of covers for gigs and all , mostly from Megadeth , maiden , Metallica , Slayer , pantera , and lots of others .. have been trying to do some from Opeth aswell ... Song like Fair judgement and a few from damnation ... Hopefully we're gona do opeth covers soon and change the atmosphere of pakistan !!! peace \m/ and i would like more people to download my song and letme know about my vocals and the capability of my guitar players !!! That'll be all !! long live mikael and the bass player !! :erk:

undefined said:
well someone was saying that kain is a nu-metal band ... well offcourse a band is considered nu-metal when they finally come in the mainstream scene ... Kain has been an underground "METAL" band since the last two years ..We do ALOT of covers for gigs and all , mostly from Megadeth , maiden , Metallica , Slayer , pantera , and lots of others .. have been trying to do some from Opeth aswell ... Song like Fair judgement and a few from damnation ... Hopefully we're gona do opeth covers soon and change the atmosphere of pakistan !!! peace \m/ and i would like more people to download my song and letme know about my vocals and the capability of my guitar players !!! That'll be all !! long live mikael and the bass player !! :erk:

awesome vdo man!...kain's finally comercial now....

Radix Lecti said:
I regularly visit this forum, but this thread has made me register and post a comment. First off, I live in Pakistan, and yes, there are many metalheads in this country. The thing that really hurts me is ignorance on the Western side. I read the deleted posts in this thread and got a feeling that many people consider Pakistan a part of Middle East. And they think almost everyone here is a “towel-head” and women are shot if they do not cover their heads. I never saw this Pakistan myself, for it doesn’t exist at all.

I regularly go to the underground metal gigs almost every week, and there are a few bands that aside from their original material cover the most difficult Opeth tunes. I will make sure that I record a couple of bootlegs of such gigs, and I’ll post a link up here somewhere. The point is, please do NOT act like “wow, there are metalheads in Pakistan, really weird!!” because it really shows how “good” the media has played its part in showing the few assholes who’d blow themselves up as representatives of an otherwise totally peaceful country.

And also, Pakistan is culturally MORE similar to India than it is to Afghanistan.

Right on

Salam and welcome brother. I'm half Greek and half Afghani, and man, there lots of metal fans. Specially progressive metal fans. Don't sweat it man. Ignorance is everywhere. People will be jerks. Just forget it and go by your life and your interests. Time will bring some wisdom to the world.

I'm glad you like Opeth. What areas of Pakistan are metal heads at?

Hell, I think it's awesome that people of other nations are starting to appreciate metal. This is amazing music.

Anything but that hip-hop bullshit. You guys are doing good. Hopefully you'll play some Opeth covers.

Keep the mind open and rock on!

mayhemchrist said:

There is an Indian band called 'Agni' that feature traditional Indian instruments and vedic chants.