Pandora Station Suggestions

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
I've recently gotten into Pandora and am wondering how specific/broad you guys make your channels. The past couple weeks I've been working on black metal/folk/acoustic sort of channel. Burzum meets Drudkh meets meet Windir meets early Opeth. It's not super specific in tempo or darkness or what have you, but I'm generally getting good stuff with the sound I'm looking for, both known and new bands.

But I'm at a loss how to handle some of the other stuff I like. Post/sludge/stoner/trad doom all have similar qualities in my mind, but maybe not necessarily from the perspective of how pandora sorts music. Could all that work well into one channel? I'm leaning towards no as there are some pretty big differences from Clutch to Pelican to Saint Vitus to Isis for example. How would you separate it out there? Choices choices =D

Played around with it some more and I think you definitely need to be more specific. So I think I'll do thrashy BM, folky/ambient/acoustic BM, Post Rock/Metal, and Stoner/Doom/Groovy shit. BM as one genre just isn't working, especially with bands with a polarized sound (WITTR, Agalloch, Drudkh) as my seeds.