Pantera "Cowboys from Hell: 20th Anniversary Edition" due September 14th

Dimebag was an awesome guitarist but I'm no fan of Pantera, even though nowadays it's obligatory to like them because he's dead... they had a few cool tunes, but only a few. As soon as Phil stopped singing and started grunting... meh, no thanks...

Im just a fan of the post power metal Pantera. Their first 4 albums were cheesy power metal and then they got awesome on CFH. Dime's guitar tone was awesome and he still had so many cool riffs to give us. People call them overrated but I don't see any other motherfuckers trying to do what they did beside Lamb of god who I never could get into. They definitely had their own brand of metal, and a successful formula it was.

Thatpisses me off - Lamb of God haven't got shit on Pantera. They play a different style of music, maybe bar NAG which was a good groove record, and bar NAG and Burn the Priest they're utterly dire. Randy Blythe is a terrible vocalist.

The only reason newfags tie their name to Pantera's is because Redneck has a very Pantera-esque groove to it, despite the song being rubbish.

Dimebag was pretty good to me. But I gott say that (as with many other guitarists) I didn't really appreciate the man's talent after seeing him in concert (not live and face to face, unfortunately). Watch this, you'll see what I'm talking about.

And it's not like your supposed to worship him because he died, it's not the case with many people...

------------------------------------------------------

In other news, what about Damageplan ??? What did you guys think of it ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Dameageplan was sadly a bit shit. Some good songs (I still think Pride is a decent song) and a fair few great riffs (Save Me in particular) but ultimately... dross. Which was a disappointment for me, even when I first heard it upon its release

Pride kicks ass, I love that one, always gets me pumped ! Gotta love that one ! As for the entire record, I say regular at best, it took an entirely different direction than what we were used to.

After PANTERA Dime was as if he was outta metal fuel, because Damageplan was aimed for more watered down radio friendly asskissing like Vinnie's shit pop group HELLYEAH. I really wonder sometimes how metal Vince really is because he hasn't done shit for metal since the rerelease of CFH.