Pantera!!!

thrash? i wouldnt have said pantera is thrash metal. its pure heavy metal to me.

anyway i love pantera. best album they had was vulgar display of power. althought far beyond driven and cowboys from hell are great ones too.

5 minutes alone be their best song. :loco:

but i agree pantera is fairly new .. in the scope of things .. not much great metal has come out since them

All hail Pantera. I love all thier metal albums (I bought'em all last year). Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power, Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill and Reinventing The Steel. No-bullshit-kicking-modern heavy metal.

I really like "Cowboys From Hell." On that CC and somewhat on Vulgar, they were more or less thrash, but they evolved into more of a hard core punk style with each release and though the music (especially Vinnie Paul's drumming) is still top notch, Phil stopped singing. I honestly think he simply blew his voice out, but I can't sya for certain as I lost interest in them after Vulgar because of Phil's "singing."

Bryant

I consider Pantera , Exhorder's ripoff. Anyway is a awesome band.

I really like "Cowboys From Hell." On that CC and somewhat on Vulgar, they were more or less thrash, but they evolved into more of a hard core punk style with each release and though the music (especially Vinnie Paul's drumming) is still top notch, Phil stopped singing. I honestly think he simply blew his voice out, but I can't sya for certain as I lost interest in them after Vulgar because of Phil's "singing."

Bryant

Hardcore punk? I wouldn't say that. Pantera is just modern straightforward metal like I said earlier. Anselmo does sing a lot more in Down though.