Pantera's forgotten queer past

I liked PANTERA...never heard the old albums though...just from CFH and all after that...been a fan ever since....if you don't like listening to Pantera don't listen to it. And DEATH is a helluva band back in the day as well...

dope dave said:
If they could hide it maybe's there's some other metal bands that have secret pasts we don't know about. I could just see new wave Slayer or something.

Slayer I think were a glam band too back in the early 80's by the name of "Dragon Slayer" but changed their name to Slayer and started the sound they're now famous for.

The Uppance Has Come said:
Slayer I think were a glam band too back in the early 80's by the name of "Dragon Slayer" but changed their name to Slayer and started the sound they're now famous for.

Exhibit A:

band071.jpg

:lol:

Perpetual Catatonia said:
The picture wont show!

I so badly want proof that Slayer was once a glam band. I would cry tears of joy. Time for some google.

Shows fine for me. Try right clicking on it and pasting the properties into a new window.

Exhibit B:

band063.jpg

I don't think they were ever a full on glam band with make up and all that shit though. Just the dodgy studs & spandex. :lol:

Satanstoenail said:
Shows fine for me. Try right clicking on it and pasting the properties into a new window.

Exhibit B:

band063.jpg

I don't think they were ever a full on glam band with make up and all that shit though. Just the dodgy studs & spandex. :lol:

Thank you! :lol: Man, that made my week.

fah-q said:
What does it matter if any of these bands were glam or not?

Ok, it's lets point out the obvious time!

It doesn't actually matter at all. It's just funny to look at photos of bands that project such a 'tuff' or 'evil' image nowdays, back when they thought spandex and big hair was cool.

Satanstoenail said:
Ok, it's lets point out the obvious time!

It doesn't actually matter at all. It's just funny to look at photos of bands that project such a 'tuff' or 'evil' image nowdays, back when they thought spandex and big hair was cool.

You took the words out of... My head?

I was going to say "there really is no reason, it's just funny".