Paradise Lost reviews on Sea of Tranquility

lord K is my hero, can't wait for the next TPH album

cant believe that avenged sevenfold review. it neglected to point out that they wear makeup and their entire album is about their new hats they've designed.

there are many GD reviewers. Myself included hehe. (shameless plug)

i just joined on recently.

you write metal reviews? tell me, are they all as close-minded and biased as your brilliant breakdown of the new Megadeth album?

HOLY SHIT!!! Who wrote this garbage??? This album is not a disappointment because no one expects Dave to do anything good until he gets back on the H train. Still, it's garbage, and absolutely not worth the money. It sounds NOTHING like anything they've done in the "early days". Effin' gay.

Dude, are you fucking serious? The new Megadeth sucks cock! Seriously, back to what dave promised? My fuckin' ass. The first song rips, the second song rips off maiden, then it's all boring after that. The new A Tout Le Monde just fucking sucks. I mean, absolutely horrible.

wow man. totally objective and brilliant reviewing right there. honestly, you come off as a complete idiot who doesn't know the first thing about music. maybe if Dave recruited a guy to scream constantly and drop tuned, you'd be happy. and since when has Dave not "ripped off" Maiden? he's pointed out time and time again that Maiden is one of his strongest influences, and there's evidence to back that up. Dave's fondness for melody over chaos would be one example. maybe you should go listen to some more "extreme metal" or something, and leave the real musicians to discuss real music.

you write metal reviews? tell me, are they all as close-minded and biased as your brilliant breakdown of the new Megadeth album?
wow man. totally objective and brilliant reviewing right there. honestly, you come off as a complete idiot who doesn't know the first thing about music. maybe if Dave recruited a guy to scream constantly and drop tuned, you'd be happy. and since when has Dave not "ripped off" Maiden? he's pointed out time and time again that Maiden is one of his strongest influences, and there's evidence to back that up. Dave's fondness for melody over chaos would be one example. maybe you should go listen to some more "extreme metal" or something, and leave the real musicians to discuss real music.

I didn't know one was required to be a musician to discuss music. That's cute :)

And to answer your question, no, my reviews are not unbias, and neither are any of the Sea of Tranquillity reviews, or any other reviews. Anyhow, it's cool if i come off as a complete idiot, because seriously, i'm concerned about your opinion.

And since i know you're curious:
http://globaldomination.se/articles-by-author#doomsdayzach

There's only 4 reviews because our site is backlogged by over a month with reviews, and that's at posting 3 or 4 reviews a day. So mine are in the queue somewhere. Anyway, keep checking and enjoy real reviews kthxbye :)

The new Megadeth album is good overall. It's heavier and faster overall than anything since Rust in Peace. Glen Drover is a true shredder and does some really cool solos. I love it when Dave bitches about politics, I hate it when he talks about Lars or God (Something I'm Not, Truth be Told). It's an album that grows on you after awhile. Now that I've heard it about 10 times I really dig it. You have killing, rape, prostitution, meth...fast riffs, tons of solos. The only thing geigh about it is Christina Scabbia and the ATLM remake. It would have been fine as a bonus track, but it doesn't fit the album at all. It total takes away from the overall energy of the album.

To all those posters who hated the reviews, could you by any chance direct me to the "good" ones or perhaps post one of those "I could post a better review any day of the week" reviews please?

If you don't like it so be it......but don't act like a complete Tool about it.
I'm sure the last Cd you put out was great....I just can't recall the name of it or your group! The new Megadeth is inspiring and imaginative.Even with the accomplishments Megadeth has already achieved,they continue to explore new boundaries and bless the world with metallic poetry! It must be exhausting to tear down something you have not done nor will ever do!!!
I normally do not respond to posts that are critical to groups unless it is done in poor taste!!!

The Wings Of God surround me...I live to play because I now I'll never die!

If you don't like it so be it......but don't act like a complete Tool about it.
I'm sure the last Cd you put out was great....I just can't recall the name of it or your group! The new Megadeth is inspiring and imaginative.Even with the accomplishments Megadeth has already achieved,they continue to explore new boundaries and bless the world with metallic poetry! It must be exhausting to tear down something you have not done nor will ever do!!!
I normally do not respond to posts that are critical to groups unless it is done in poor taste!!!

The Wings Of God surround me...I live to play because I now I'll never die!

Heh, thanks for the good laugh. So the new Megadeth is imaginative eh? Hardly. The last good album Dave put out was Rust in Peace. The three before that were totally fucking ace, and Countdown, Youthinasia, and Cryptic all had their moments (some killer songs in fact, but way too much filler). I'm a huge deth fan, but these days that band isn't worth the shit on the heal of my boot.

Still, Gigantour is the best metal package tour we've got, and kicks the ass of SotU and Ozzfest. I will give him that.

Also, you're right. I've never written an album like "So Far, So Good... So What!", but just because Dave kicked ass like 50 years ago doesn't mean he's any good now. And my ability to write music has no effect on my ability to discern between that which is good music and that which is bad music. Anyway, thanks for playing!

There are some great tracks on United Abominations - its not rust in peace mk.2 but its the best thing they've released since Youth. The title track stands up against any of megadeths best work IMO