Paradise Lost Tone?

apu99992

New Metal Member
Aug 25, 2008
Can any of the gtr players on this forum help me out? I've achieved the gtr tones on all the previous albums before PL, but I want to know whether the gtr sound on the album is ann actual tone, or just incredibly compressed. Thnks

Has any interviewer ever asked Romeo why he always uses the same boring white guitar? I realize the white Caparison is sort of his signature at this point, but it'd be nice to see him shake things up a bit :)

Pigments may have influence on the tone but then again, who can hear the difference?

The sound on PL is compressed of course. It may not be as compressed as Metallica's new stuff but not very far from it.

Romeo's guitar tone is perfect for the songs...whenever I listen to the songs, it sounds like everything is describing something..and the guitar tone gets blended with the flavor...that groove is perfect to make the song what it is...:)

I know that PL is highly compressed (or whatever it's called when everything is really loud), but I think the tones are great - the bass tone in particular. The bass can be heard clearly (unlike The Odyssey or V), and Lepond finely achieved his silky-smooth live tone on a studio album.

I know that PL is highly compressed (or whatever it's called when everything is really loud), but I think the tones are great - the bass tone in particular. The bass can be heard clearly (unlike The Odyssey or V), and Lepond finely achieved his silky-smooth live tone on a studio album.

Well put! Though i actually dont think his tone on The Odyssey is terrible its just low in the mix... its definatley very ballsy on Paradise Lost...

He uses, as said before, an Engl EL34, but it's also probably a million overdubs of every riff, so it's probably not really possible to get that exact tone. I can't even imagine how many times he might've dubbed that one opening Power Chord in Set The World On Fire, but I'll go with 12 times. ~12 guitars all hitting that one "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN", give or take one or two.