Paradise Lost

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've been worshipping Gothic lately. I've had it since it was new, but I've recently been listening again. It is truly ahead of it's time. Even now it would be a progressive doom album.

The others I own are Shades of God, (very good), Draconian Times (very good), One Second (pretty good), and their latest self-titled (pretty good).

I'm trying to hunt down most of their other stuff for a good price. I'm assuming Icon is similar to Gothic and Shades of God . . . correct?

Does anybody else think this band's early stuff should be constantly mentioned along with Anathema and My Dying Bride? It seems it just isn't given quite the same recognition.

Icon was the album that got me into PL and I bought it when it came out. It is in my opinion a more evolved and refined version of Shades of god and has some truly magnificent tracks. You should definitely buy it.

I've long been a fan of Gothic, great release. Never got much of their other stuff, apart from One Second, which I must admint I haven't even listened to yet.

Saw them live a few months bakc and they played a song from Gothic, that was cool.

I can definitely see lots of people around here not liking Draconian Times, so don't put too much thought into it. Draconian Times was considered a sell out at the time it came out. It was kind of their "Black Album".