Paradise Lost ?

When I first got into touch with Paradise Lost was the "As I Die"-live-video on MTV! I found it terrible (and still find it). Later I heard "Draconian Times" and it was one of the "guiding-lines" for getting into the extreme-metal section!
I am not a great fan but "Host" is my favourite album, although I do not like all of Nick's singing. Furthermore the sound is a bit strange. Hopefully their new album will be another "Host" with a groovier/heavier sound, 'cause "Believe in Nothing" was -ehm- not too bad, but I was missing something...
Furthermore they should do another song without guitars, 'cause the one on host (don't remember the name) is the most depressing and beautiful song they have ever done..

I've been a huuuge PL fan a couple of years back (Icon/Draconian Times being my favourites). But I never really got into their newer stuff.
Haven't seen them live recently, last time was when they were touring in support of the "One second" album. I saw some live stuff on video though and what I can say from that is that Holmes isn't really good in singing that new stuff live.

I've heard the albums "Icon" and "Gothic," and really I didn't care much for either one. When it comes to doom, I'm much more fond of bands like Evoken, Shape of Depsair, Mourning Beloveth, and disembowelment.