Paramore's sound - Sharing some ideas

Cool. What sort of volume do you have the room at in comparison to the Overheads? Are you doing much with the overheads?

I've been trying out this approach on some stuff, some really awesome ideas. I think the slate snares i've been blasting don't have enough high end, i always find myself adding. Especially tempted to blast the CLA pack now.

Their are pretty much at the same volume, room mics maybe 1 - 2 db louder than OH´s.

I am glad you got inspired. Don´t be shy to post some example!

Yeah, you are right, the stock samples that comes in regular SSD are quite raw which I totally love! You can tweak them as much as you want. When it comes to CLA pack, it´s processed and you don´t need to even touch it. I was thinking about David Bendeth expansion pack, but on the sites you can hear mixed drums examples, which don´t refer to how it sounds exactly not processed in SSD.

this is incredible! I have tried to recreate the overall drum sound using the methods described, but I'm missing the mark. I am shaping the transient of the cla dong snare such that it has fast attack and release, and the other snares with tail only, but I can't seem to achieve the incredibly explosive attack you have achieved- can you go more in detail on your snare processing for the individual snares? I'm also using NLS emulation, but my sound is nowhere near as fat as yours. any advice? does it have to do with the specific nebula emulations you are using?