Parkway Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
2)I can listen to britney spears for "catchy music", parkway drive is still shit
3)their vocals suck
4):lol: :lol: I am supposed to respect and even listen a band that takes the exact same formula of 10,000 other bands to create their sound?
5)yes really
6)I'm glad you agree

7)if you can't see that death is easily one of the most significant bands in the history of death metal, you know nothing about metal, as far as I am concerned

2. Nope, not even close.
3. Perhaps, I'm able to overlook bad vocals anyways so it wouldn't matter.
4. No, but that doesn't mean that a band has to be original to be good
5. Not even
6. I don't care that you're glad
7. I see that they are significant to the evolution of metal but they are one of the most overrated bands in metal anyways. Fuckin' too much praise with too little quality.

You absolutely love Pain Of Salvation, so you saying this means nothing to me. :)

icon_heart.gif

How is it possible to enjoy Pain of Salvation and not like Sound of Perseverance, considering Death is much better.

Pain of Salvation shits on Death.

painkiller on sound of perseverance has to be the most perfect judas priest cover ever

voice of the soul is also one of the best instrumentals ever in death metal. Beautiful song

I didn't say it was acceptable, I said it's retarded for a drunk girl to go on to a band's tour bus full of horny men.

You didn't say that ;)

And it's not like she didn't question going on the bus either... But to be honest, everyone from around the leeds area is friendly as hell. We generally treat people and fans with respect. Parkway are a bunch of fucking nobodies who are lucky to pull 100 people around here, especially seen as though it's only the low lifes that still get their rocks off over this metalcore bollocks (sorry to say that about my mates haha), you'd think they'd show their fans and people in general a little more respect than they did.

@ohiogrinder: you're well funny.

I don't understand the hate for The Sound of Perseverance. Sure, the album is completely overrated by many people, but it isn't bad by any means.

I don't understand the hate for The Sound of Perseverance. Sure, the album is completely overrated by many people, but it isn't bad by any means.

Boring guitar work combined with the most headache inducing basswork ever absolutely ruins an album. The only good thing about that album is the drum work.

Boring guitar work combined with the most headache inducing basswork ever absolutely ruins an album. The only good thing about that album is the drum work.

scott clendon's bass is fuckin' brilliant. The bass lead on "spirit crusher" is spectacular

let's not forget the spectacular solos especially on "flesh and the power it holds"

scott clendon's bass is fuckin' brilliant. The bass lead on "spirit crusher" is spectacular

let's not forget the spectacular solos especially on "flesh and the power it holds"

The bass is absolutely painful to listen to, if an album causes me to get a headache chances are I'm not enjoying it. Spectacular? :lol:

Death deserves the credit they get. Scream Bloody Gore owns anything you enjoy.

They deserve credit for influence, but not for being this amazing band so many claim them to be. SBG is decent, but not anywhere good enough to "own anything I enjoy."

Let's stop this utter bullshit argument already, it's completely and utterly retarded and entirely annoying. "DER DEATH IS OVERRATED DEEEEEEEER" "DER NO IT'S NOT DEEEEEEEEEER." Wow, exciting.

I'm fully aware These guys are not metal, and this thread is in no way possitive.

Parkway Drive recently played my hometown (Leeds UK), and after the gig one of the members of the supporting bands got talking to my friends girlfriend. My friends girlfriend was a bit drunk and after being asked if she wanted to 'hang with parkway' followed the dude onto the bands tour bus to get signatures.

There she was told to fuck the bands drummer, spat on and screemed at every time she tried to protest. After being bullied and tormented they kicked her off the bus.

This band doesn't deserve the support of any respectable metal community. This message is warning you against them. Don't let your girlfreinds near them. They got great pleasure in making her feel like a whore for nothing more than turning up to their show and stepping on to their bus.

That's pretty fucked if it's true and really happened that way. Sounds pretty far fetched though.

Status
Not open for further replies.