Parkway Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah she was stupid for getting on a bus full of men. like what the fuck do you expect from a shit metalcore band on tour? intelligent conversation about world politics?

PWD: "hey hot lady, come party with us"
HL: "yeah ok, can we talk about like the injustice in iraq"
PWD: "sure, take this beer. we can even talk about the pros and cons of nuclear power if you want".
HL: "sure, lets party 'bus full of guys'".

im not condoning actions, but dodens had it right. pretty naieve and stupid.

yeah she was stupid for getting on a bus full of men. like what the fuck do you expect from a shit metalcore band on tour? intelligent conversation about world politics?

Oh yeah I'm sure if it was a band whose music you liked, they would have sat her down with a cup of tea and talked about contemporary literature, then politely offered to give her a lift home. :rolleyes:

Obviously it was a silly move getting in the tour bus with a bunch of horny guys after a gig, but no one needs to be spat at and screamed at because they wouldn't put out.

Obviously it was a silly move getting in the tour bus with a bunch of horny guys after a gig, but no one needs to be spat at and screamed at because they wouldn't put out.

Why the hell is this concept so hard to understand? Just because I have the ability to recognize that it's probably not in the best interest for a young, mildly drunk woman to step onto the tour bus of a band full of horny teenagers does not mean that I in any way condone any type of mistreatment. While I may think that her decision to go onto the bus was stupid and misguided, she obviously does not deserve the treatment that she got, and I never implied that she did. And if anyone saw that type of implication in any of my posts, I suggest you take a reading comprehension course.

:lol: :lol:

it's true

if it was a band like mastodon, they would have sat around politely and talked about the beauty of life

Fucking stoners :p

@ Necrutal: I think satanstoenail was talking to byrne.

But at least those of the sane among us realise although getting on their bus is obviously a very risky move (my mate took a risk and paid for it) It doesn't mean what Parkway did was in anyway acceptable.

Again, nobody in this entire thread has said that "what Parkway did was in anyway acceptable," and I don't know why people keep feeling the need to bring this point up. Nobody has condoned the band's actions at all.

(@Necuratul)

The girl in question was drunk. How the fuck is she supposed to make an intelligent decision? A youg, drunk girl invited onto a bus by a band she likes is supposed to think "Hm. Well, there is a chance I may be sexually harassed by these men, so I will decline the invitation". I realize you're not saying she "deserved" what happened to her in anyway, but saying she made a "stupid" decision isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.