Parkway Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Chaos

Pomeo Osoponeor
Mar 19, 2004
Chronosynclasticinfundibulum
www.myspace.com
I'm fully aware These guys are not metal, and this thread is in no way possitive.

Parkway Drive recently played my hometown (Leeds UK), and after the gig one of the members of the supporting bands got talking to my friends girlfriend. My friends girlfriend was a bit drunk and after being asked if she wanted to 'hang with parkway' followed the dude onto the bands tour bus to get signatures.

There she was told to fuck the bands drummer, spat on and screemed at every time she tried to protest. After being bullied and tormented they kicked her off the bus.

This band doesn't deserve the support of any respectable metal community. This message is warning you against them. Don't let your girlfreinds near them. They got great pleasure in making her feel like a whore for nothing more than turning up to their show and stepping on to their bus.

Sorry for her but the personal actions of musicains concern me not when it comes to listening to their music. Parkway Drive is good at what they do, it is a shame they'd do something like that but won't stop me from listening to them.

^ Amen.

And I heard they were taking the piss out of a crowd surfer who broke his neck too. Not that a guy diving head first into a sparse crowd doesn't ask for a broken neck.

Basically they came to my town, spat on our women, laughed at our fallen, and left. A bunch of fucking myspace-gone-too-far-jock-core cunts.

Who cares if they sound similar? They do one thing differently that the generic metalcore bands don't - Make for a good fucking listen.

Who cares if they sound similar? They do one thing differently that the generic metalcore bands don't - Make for a good fucking listen.

and they do everything else that most metalcore bands do (IE suck massive amounts of cock, have mediocre musicianship, have shit vocals and lyrics, have no originality, play boring riffs, boring drumming)

I can't believe you would even mention this band in the same sentence as death metal pioneers like Death

Not that a stupid drunk woman stepping onto a band's tour bus doesn't ask for a bit of harassment.

She's hardly a woman. And she's not stupid either. Shes a very nice lass who hasn't done anything to deserve this sort of stick. You go see your favourite band and are invited onto the bus to say hello to the guys... you get spat on and told to fuck one of the members? And you think that's acceptable? I didn't come here to argue whether it is or not in truth, I came to let people know Parkway Drive have a tendency to treat people like shit for kicks.

I didn't say it was acceptable, I said it's retarded for a drunk girl to go on to a band's tour bus full of horny men.

and they do everything else that most metalcore bands do (IE suck massive amounts of cock, have mediocre musicianship, have shit vocals and lyrics, have no originality, play boring riffs, boring drumming)

I can't believe you would even mention this band in the same sentence as death metal pioneers like Death

1. Irony is NOT your best friend here.
2. Musicianship doesn't mean much when all you are out to do is play catchy music
3. Their vocals are actually pretty decent and what do lyrics have anything to do with enjoying a bands MUSIC?
4. Originality is overrated
5. Not really
6. I'll give you this one

7. Not my fault you worship one of the single most overrated bands in metal history.

Death > Parkway Drive, by 1,000 leagues. WTF. Even The Sound Of Perseverance is better.

UPZYFXEIT5PDDGZ3IKZMD7WJMUUEZXGO.jpg

Death > Parkway Drive, by 1,000 leagues. WTF. Even The Sound Of Perseverance is better.

The Sound Of Perseverance is one of the worst things I've ever heard, even if I had a low opinion of metalcore I wouldn't rate it higher than Parkway Drive.

1. Irony is NOT your best friend here.
2. Musicianship doesn't mean much when all you are out to do is play catchy music
3. Their vocals are actually pretty decent and what do lyrics have anything to do with enjoying a bands MUSIC?
4. Originality is overrated
5. Not really
6. I'll give you this one

7. Not my fault you worship one of the single most overrated bands in metal history.

2)I can listen to britney spears for "catchy music", parkway drive is still shit
3)their vocals suck
4):lol: :lol: I am supposed to respect and even listen a band that takes the exact same formula of 10,000 other bands to create their sound?
5)yes really
6)I'm glad you agree

7)if you can't see that death is easily one of the most significant bands in the history of death metal, you know nothing about metal, as far as I am concerned

sound of perseverance is fuckin' brilliant, easily in my 10 best albums ever. phenomenal musicianship, perfect sound engineering, very solid songwriting, intensely emotional, one of the best drumming performances in the history of metal by rich christy

The Sound Of Perseverance is one of the worst things I've ever heard, even if I had a low opinion of metalcore I wouldn't rate it higher than Parkway Drive.

You absolutely love Pain Of Salvation, so you saying this means nothing to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.