Participate in our debut album! (Yes, YOU, over there!)

Vaggelis_Revolted

Guitarist / Novice A.E.
Apr 3, 2011
www.myspace.com
Hello guys!

I play in Revolted Masses, a death metal band from Greece. We are currently composing the last songs to be included in our debut full-length (which will me mixed and mastered by a chosen-by-the-band audio engineer of this wonderful forum, in the coming months!)

We recently came up with the idea of including the voices of many people (from this forum), in one of our songs!

The song is called DeathBlock Eleven, and it is about “modern” fascism. A tortured man, still alive inside a Crematorium, is able to see the world today, and finds out that things unfortunately have not quite changed. Fascism is still present, having changed form, to suit the needs of governments and modern dictators!

In the outro of this song, we will include a slow acoustic passage that will feature people from all over the world, saying “I can still smell the burning flesh, i can still see the shadows moving, i will never forget.”, both in English and native language! The voices will be mixed together during this passage, to emphasize the global consequences of fascism, no matter your race, your age, or your country!

To return the favor, we will include every single person who sends a sample, on the Special Thanx section of our album. Furthermore, we will randomly pick 3 of you guys and send you our CD (for free!) And hopefully you will have a great feeling that you helped a band release their first album, by participating in it!

Some general guidelines/advice!

*) The exact phrase would be “I can still smell the burning flesh, i can still see the shadows moving, i will never forget.” First in English, then in your native language (hope you are not all from England! :rofl:) I uploaded a sample to give you an idea (I know, sounds Greek to you!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8685282/Deathblock11%20Sample%20Fixed.mp3

*) We may be forced to use only SOME of the samples posted, because of song length, or another serious reason! However, you will ALL be included in the Thanks section (and of course your name will be included when we pick the users to send our CD)

*)We prefer having a WAV, 44.1/16 bit file, but if for whatever reason you can only send mp3, no problem.

*)Don't worry about the pronunciation, just give a good try, as clean as possible! Please no effects, just the dry signal, it should only take 2 minutes!

*)I will make sure to post the final mixed song here! Please note that we will complete the whole process in several months, so you will have to wait a little bit until then! Also before sending a sample, make sure you don't have a problem to have your voice on our song, as described above! (Common knowlegde, but thought i should make it clear! :) )

Thank you so much for your time, hope you help us utilize this idea, and record a kick-ass album!

Cheers!

ALRIGHT I'm in ! Tis a great idea

I will certainly post mine next week end as i will be recording my own vocals for my band's first demo :)

English and French ;)

Also we're going to do a small video while recording and put it up on youtube, i think i'll put a scene of me recording it :loco:

Thank you guys, saved the first contributions :)
Good job, so far!

ALRIGHT I'm in ! Tis a great idea
I will certainly post mine next week end as i will be recording my own vocals for my band's first demo
English and French
Also we're going to do a small video while recording and put it up on youtube, i think i'll put a scene of me recording it :loco:

Thanx, feel free to do so!

Wow! Thank you so much guys, showed these clips to the guys from the band, awesome job so far!
Just wanted to note to everyone that reads this: if you see a clip already posted in your native language, feel free to post your own version too, we want to include more than one version of each language, of course if it's possible!

Can't wait for other contributions, thank you all again!

Is there any deadline? I can only do it Monday or Tuesday...

HANIAK, também sou Português hahah

If you all still want us to do this then I could put one up at some point. My native tongue is English, but I'm sure I could manage it in Spanish. :D

Yes, we would definately like you to do this. There is no strict deadline, as we are still on the pre-production stage, so keep it coming, and THANK you, once again.