Parts of DWOT (the song)...

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
Can someone help me figure out what time in the song each specific part begins? For example, does Part V (The Prophet's Cry) begin when Russell starts singing, or is the solo section before that part of it? I know the booklet gives some info, but that's just the lyrics.

Any ideas?

You can tell when the parts change because the music changes a bit...

The first part ends after the choir thing, the second ends when they get to that slow guitar/piano trade-off thing, the third part ends during the break between vocal parts, the fourth part ends with the solo after the vocals, the fifth part starts when the music gets into that uber-cool/heavier riff, the sixth part starts after the vocals when Romeo and Pinella get into all those solo duels, and the final part begins when with the slow guitar/piano tradeoff from the beginning...

I think that's how it goes. For a bit of easier referance, check out the live album, where they stop for a second in between parts...

OfSinsAndShred said:
It's easier to tell on the live version - and the live version is better anyway, IMO.

I agree. However, the one thing I can't stand about the live version is how they end it with the last riff of YYZ. It completely ruins the awesome staccato ending with Pinnella's keyboard ringing out for the last second or so (like the studio version).

But yes, I enjoy the live version much more. Russell's vocal melodies (especially at the end) are much more emotional, and Lepond's bass lines kick the shit out of Miller's.