Passing Bird

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Two things about that song:
1.-I love it! it's an amazing song
2.-In the lyrics there's a part I can't understand. it says: too much fucking emo is false I know.
emo...what is the meaning of that?

other than that...I need(I think we all) a new Katatonia album

There is a music style called emo i think, it's somehow called emocore if i'm not totally wrong with this:confused:
I can't really describe this style of music,maybe someone else here can try to,would be cool;) but i'm somehow sure of having heard it before. So maybe he means it this way.
But i think what Phyre wrote, interpreting it as "emotions", might be right, since i wouldn't understand the meaning of the word if it WAS meant to be "emo" concerning this emo-style, but,who knows...

yeah I thought of emotions as well but then I thought about elmo
maybe the katatonia guys are big sesame street fans :lol:

i think he means 'too many false emotions' in that line....but maybe it really IS elmo.....ill never be able to listen to it in the same way again!

Originally posted by manuelgv
yeah I thought of emotions as well but then I thought about elmo
maybe the katatonia guys are big sesame street fans :lol:

That has to be it! They're just frustrated because there's "too much fuckin e(l)mo" in it, and want to force the show to change with the song!

maybe the black dress had a lot of elmo drawings so he can't go with her because it's a lot of elmo
maybe they hate elmo instead of being elmo fans
:lol:

Emo is a form of punk. It's either punk or ska music with the basis for the lyrics being relationships, love and girls.

Jonas was probably just going for a shorter variation of emotion, me thinks.

Angel