Patch Jackets

Not everywhere. But there are severals ^^
Let all metal fans live their way of metal how they want.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

My Swedish friend that went with me to HOA this year was all like "WFT, does EVERYONE wear patch jackets down here?"

hehehe

I don't myself, but have an old one "filled" with Guns n' Roses stuff since my early 90's obsession with glam metal :D

Regional variations apply when it comes to patch jackets. In the UK only MCs seem to wear them (in leather), and you don't see so many patches on sale in shops and festivals. But when I was in Metalway quite a few Spanish metalheads had denim vests all full of patches. (no sleeves, that's for fannies and Germans)

Very few on people under 30! They seem to go with a skullet.

what about tshirts with the sleeves ripped off? anyone wear those? IMO makes you look like a hick, but maybe thats cos around here mostly hicks wear them :p

I must admit though, I do own a few...mostly they started developping holes in the armpit seams so I finished the job :lol: I usually only wear them to do dirty work or around the house, or other hick-like activities XD

what about tshirts with the sleeves ripped off? anyone wear those? IMO makes you look like a hick, but maybe thats cos around here mostly hicks wear them :p

I must admit though, I do own a few...mostly they started developping holes in the armpit seams so I finished the job :lol: I usually only wear them to do dirty work or around the house, or other hick-like activities XD

I've got one, I wear it when it's hot out and I'm when I'm exercizing. I usually cut the sleeves off of shirts that are too metal for me to wear around normal people anyway.

I have a long sleeved Darthrone Tshirt and I want to rip the sleeves off because I don't like long sleeve Tshirts but I never got to it. One sleeve has "True Norwegian Black Metal" written on it, so I figure I could use it as a patch.. but I don't use patches anymore :( and putting it on a backpack is pretty gay.. I mean I'm not 15 anymore ^^

I always go for the girlie shirts. T-shirts hang on me and look weird. I feel like I'm wearing a tent.

haha, I wouldn't go as far as wearing girlie shirts but metal shirts do have a tendency to be huge, as if all metalheads were scandinavian giants with huge beer bellies ^^ I bought this awesome Koorpiklaani shirt at the Hellfest ("Happy Little Boozer's Beerland" one), size fucking medium and it still feels too big. Should have gotten small (I'm not small yet somewhat thin, I'm like 1m85, thats like 6ft1 in that shitty anglo saxon system).
But you're right, baggy clothes suck.

I don't, it's 2009, not 1989

Tomasz, just face it, none of these boys would care what you wear when you go to concerts, as long as you bring that drop dead gorgeous woman of yours along. Even if you wore a baby pink nyoln disco vest they still wouldn't notice, cause all eyes would be on her.

I always go for the girlie shirts. T-shirts hang on me and look weird. I feel like I'm wearing a tent.

I like the shape of girlie fit, but design, ugh. Often girly shirts have second-rate designs.

II wouldn't go as far as wearing girlie shirts but metal shirts do have a tendency to be huge, as if all metalheads were scandinavian giants with huge beer bellies ^^ I bought this awesome Koorpiklaani shirt at the Hellfest ("Happy Little Boozer's Beerland" one), size fucking medium and it still feels too big. S.

I fucking love that shirt. Fiancé has it (size M as well) and I can't even steal it because I could get lost inside it, it's unfair. :cry::cry:

I have quite a few actually ...for work and sports. Never found them as hickish as cut-off shorts.

Never had a patch jacket mainly because I couldnt sew,but I did something really cool one time with a denim jacket and fabric paint.

Tomasz, just face it, none of these boys would care what you wear when you go to concerts, as long as you bring that drop dead gorgeous woman of yours along. Even if you wore a baby pink nyoln disco vest they still wouldn't notice, cause all eyes would be on her.

haha, thanks, she's a trooper for sure, goes everywhere I go, can't shake her off ;)

patch jackets in 2009 = you are either 16 years old or german, if neither than gay ;)

I have quite a few actually ...for work and sports. Never found them as hickish as cut-off shorts.

rofl I was wearing some of those today...yes cutoff shorts AND tshirt :heh:

And it still only took about 30 seconds to go through customs despite their searching the cars in front of and behind us...almost makes me wish I'd brought back something illegal :(

rofl I was wearing some of those today...yes cutoff shorts AND tshirt :heh:

And it still only took about 30 seconds to go through customs despite their searching the cars in front of and behind us...almost makes me wish I'd brought back something illegal :(

hehehe...just do what I did when I was takin my ex home one time...we went thru customs at like 4am and I was tired and aggrivated...guy asked me if I had anything to declare..I was like...well I have 3 sausage egg mcmuffins and a bag of hashbrowns....they took us out of line and searched the car,no sense of humor I guess.

hehehe...just do what I did when I was takin my ex home one time...we went thru customs at like 4am and I was tired and aggrivated...guy asked me if I had anything to declare..I was like...well I have 3 sausage egg mcmuffins and a bag of hashbrowns....they took us out of line and searched the car,no sense of humor I guess.

Heheheh :heh::heh::heh: typical. Reminds me of the good old times when borders still existed and everyone did a bit of small scale smuggling. :lol:

I still don't know how I got away with bringing in that load of goat's cheeses, the guards must have smelled all the way from Biarritz.

apparently my family no longer has a sense of humor either :( I was threatened with severe punishment if I even thought of making any smart remarks to anyone official. Considering I'm moving out in 2 weeks though I can't imagine either of my parents staying mad for long :lol: