I Hate Jackets...

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I just have to say that I fucking HATE jackets. But when it gets this cold you kinda need one. I've been walking around in hoodies for the last like 8 years because I cannot for the life of me find a jacket that fits me properly. I tried on about 30 jackets in the last week and some have cool designs or whatever , but why do they all have like way too much extra material around the torso? They have a good fit around the shoulders/chest and then they balloon outwards and downwards like a fucking tent. I'm in good shape and I don't wear loose fitting clothing , so when I put one of these jackets on that looks like it was made for someone 50 pounds overweight I look ridiculous. So does anyone actually own a fucking form fitting jacket and know where to get one? And why are all track jackets form fitting? Do the companies think we only want jackets that fit while we're running? Wtfo_O I'm gonna have to fuckin learn how to tailor so I can remove all the extra material on these damn jackets...

I had a very similar problem this fall. FWIW, I found a black Clairborne (sp?) outerwear faux-suede jacket that fit well. The arms are a little bit too puffy for my arms, but the rest of the fit is nice and snug, with enough room to wear a couple layers of warmth.

Cheers,
Richard

Get fat. Probably the solution to any troubles finding clothes that fit ;p

Haha
fatguybp2.gif

What specific kind of jackets did you try on, and what style are you looking for? I can think of quite a few companies that make slimmer-fit jackets for dudes with more of an athletic build (muscular upper body + slimmer torso).

Yeah, if you want to look like a 14-year-old OMG TRASH METUL kid.

Also, I was going to say that's two words, but it was probably just a conscious joke :D

True. After all, "authentic" retro army jackets, worn jeans, Converses and a gay hairdo is all the rage in looking TOTALLY BAD ASS at the moment. I forgot to check the newest episode of Fab Five for Metal Thugs before writing that comment.

Frankly I don't give a fuck what the kiddos do. If biker jackets are cool amongst them right now, so be it. Next year it'll probably be old school thrash vests. No, wait, I think that was last year's big thing.

Time to be epically lame and show off my jacket - 10:30 AM photo shoot :D

Jacket2.jpg

Notice the slit behind the zipper on the pockets, that would be for the handwarmer pocket (underneath the zippered pocket, can't believe this is the first jacket I've encountered with this :cool: ) But yeah, with a hoodie under that, that's more than enough to keep me warm unless it gets to sub-20 degree F weather (that's -7 C ;)), when I bust out my gargantuan poofy padded North Face

Haha, a man of good taste :D Gotta love Sundays, and I know you know all about cold weather where you are! (living on top of a hill/mountain ftw - except not at all :lol::erk::puke: )

ahah! Cool jacket, although I fucking HATE shopping for clothes, the stores themselves or even malls give me tremendous headaches, but I like that jacket Marcus, pretty cool! If I could I'd use flannel pants in the street ;__;'

Hahahaha, well to be clear, they are in fact pajamas, though when I was in college I definitely wore them more than a few times to class :D And thanks dude, I hear ya on shopping, but I find it always helps to have a decent idea what you're looking for before you enter a store (and to go to a place with a big selection - case in point, I found the above at Sears, classy :lol: )

I usually just throw on a thermal and a hoody over that and it keeps me warm but I went to the zoo york outlet the other day and picked up a coat for 20 bucks...its got the fur hood and i hate those so i cut that off but the jacket is incredibly warm for 20 bucks. Fits decent too.

What specific kind of jackets did you try on, and what style are you looking for? I can think of quite a few companies that make slimmer-fit jackets for dudes with more of an athletic build (muscular upper body + slimmer torso).

Hey thanks man - I like jacket styles from PacSun and shit , like Quiksilver , DC , Vurt shit like that. I usually buy PacSun shit to be honest , even though they are usually kinda expensive. If you can suggest something like that it would be cool