Paul Di'Anno got his US Visa.....

I'm with you on this one. That said, I will watch and see if this actually happens, which I hope it does, for those who do want to see him live. I'll pass unless I'm getting paid. :heh:

So your dislike of Di'Anno is due to his personal life?
That's fine if it is. Just asking.

I think it will. I'm just debating what to do for the Chicago show since it'll be late and my typical train idea won't work. From what I recall though for this tour, I believe someone said he's ONLY playing Maiden tunes.

I think it will. I'm just debating what to do for the Chicago show since it'll be late and my typical train idea won't work. From what I recall though for this tour, I believe someone said he's ONLY playing Maiden tunes.

That's how its being promoted.

As I said before, he has ICARUS WITCH as his backing band.
They are in the states, so its not like they are practicing together beforehand.

I am sure the easiest thing to do would be telling them to learn IRON MAIDEN and KILLERS. No one wants to hear the solo stuff.

yeah im pretty excited for this.. saw the booking the other day!!! i need to go to this, would be insane to hear 'em play some classic maiden \m/!!! Icarus Witch is not a bad pic for him either..

That's how its being promoted.

As I said before, he has ICARUS WITCH as his backing band.
They are in the states, so its not like they are practicing together beforehand.

I am sure the easiest thing to do would be telling them to learn IRON MAIDEN and KILLERS. No one wants to hear the solo stuff.

I have been screaming since this started getting talked about that I wanted to hear solo stuff. Hell, he could play both Killers albums back to back and NO Maiden and I would be happy as hell.

So your dislike of Di'Anno is due to his personal life?
That's fine if it is. Just asking.
? Huh? Where did you get that? I was saying I thought Kuntz and Matos are better singers. The fact that neither has a criminal record and can't get visas, and Di'Anno does and may get a visa, is just salt on the wounds still open from missing two of my favorite singers perform. His criminal record wouldn't make me avoid his performance if I appreciated his talent, which I don't all that much. So, what did you mean by that question? :err:

I wish there was more information on the show the day after Chicago, in Tolono, IL. It's on half the list of dates, and not on the other half.
That show would be a bust financially, but great for us down staters.

Ha! I saw that. The venue has a My Space.
I never heard of it, but it looks to be close to Urbana.

? Huh? Where did you get that? I was saying I thought Kuntz and Matos are better singers. The fact that neither has a criminal record and can't get visas, and Di'Anno does and may get a visa, is just salt on the wounds still open from missing two of my favorite singers perform. His criminal record wouldn't make me avoid his performance if I appreciated his talent, which I don't all that much. So, what did you mean by that question? :err:

Got it.
Though in relation to the visas, I thought Glen had explained that all in full.
Don't you need to get them 6 months in advance?

Maybe Paul's was put in 6months ago??? I dunno how it works TBH....

Maiden's first US tour was KISS's "Creatures of the Night" tour, right? That was what, like 82?

Nope, they were here in 81, I have audio (from a Milwaukee radio station broadcast) from their Summerfest set.... Wish I knew about that back then..
:(

In 1982 with Dickinson they did 4 separate US tours as openners for Rainbow, 38 Special, Scorpions and Judas Priest.
They actually played the Taste Of Chicago that year!

I was at the Maiden gig @ Chicago Fest....
Saw them with the Scorps @ Alpine Valley, and with Priest (I thought that was a co-headliner situation...I could be wrong...) one of, if not THE, last time I was ever at the Amphitheater..... The C-Fest show is one of my concert highlights forever.....

I was going to dig deeper into that comment, but I assume AngraRULES considers the band's he likes to be "elite" metal, so it would be a pointless debate.

Jasonic,

I do agree with a lot of your comments. That being said, this assumption of yours is borderline ridiculous. You are usually a smart guy. Again, this assumption of yours, however, was plain stupid.

You can do a lot better, man. No argument intended, but seriously...

Oh, and a reminder. I didn't go personal on you.

Jasonic,

I do agree with a lot of your comments. That being said, this assumption of yours is borderline ridiculous. You are usually a smart guy. Again, this assumption of yours, however, was plain stupid.

You can do a lot better, man. No argument intended, but seriously...

Oh, and a reminder. I didn't go personal on you.

No, you certainly didn't get personal on me.

Though your posts read basically as "My fav band's singers who are more talented could not get in but this druggie loser did"

Sorry, it first came off as an elitist comment.

I don't want to get argumentative either.

I have no idea why others are denied, or was it more of a matter of not getting the paperwork in on time, or whatever? I recall Glen going into this in more detail a while back.

Whatever dude. Matos and Kuntz are much better singers than DiAnno will ever be. I don't care what anyone says, it's my opinion.

Plus, they're not criminals. :lol:

Nobody cares about Paul Dianno anymore. Very (VERY) few people, other than those who are stuck in the 80s and still think Iron Maiden is the only metal band around the world.
Uh, Vanden Plas lied on their Visa applications. That is considered a Felony.

I have no idea why others are denied, or was it more of a matter of not getting the paperwork in on time, or whatever?

For those that have forgotten, Vanden Plas were detained in Detroit. They came here on Tourist Visas. One of them stupidly said that they were playing a gig in Atlanta, and they were bounced from the country for seven years.