Paul Di'Anno touring Australia!!1

Yes Winmar I am still here.. lurking in the background from time to time...

anyway I bought my ticket yesterday!

alas not able to go ... Looking after my my children is unfortunately more important... stupid time to have a gig fukin a monday ...dickheads

it was pretty good! great to hear 5 or 6 Maiden tracks even if his band played them like speed metal...

his voice was ok not great but he did put in a lot of effort. he could barely walk and said his Knee was smashed up or something.

His band were awesome great guitar work... really made the night. His solo stuff is sort of a blend of Punk and speed HEAVY metal, was pretty good live actually.

yeah i thought it was a good show! Paul has still got it, he can still sing great. The backing band was good, one of the guitarists in particular was a fkn monster. Great playing.

The mix was a bit hit n miss and apparently the drummer couldn't hear anything on stage, which is a shame but seems to be par for the course in melbourne.

Decent turnout and the people in the front seemed to be really rocking out hard.

Greatfckn night! I feel like a rather satisfied old metalhead now, so many old Maiden tracks & with the right man singing them! His solo stuff was alright but I was hanging to hear more Maiden, however all the trax they played were amazing, Sanctuary, Killers, Phantom of the Opera, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Running Free, Ides of March/Wrathchild.

So what is the deal with the backing band, he picks up a band in each country he tours? They did a decent job of it all. Much headbanging done by me - filmed a bit with my phone, its pretty crap but if I buy a usb cable I might upload some snips of it, I was right on the front row but due to headbanging and generalfront row pushery my hand was hardly steady.

I was led out the back to talk to him but he was saying he only had an hours sleep so I didnt bug him, besides I rarely feel like talking to people in bands, I'm there to hear the music. He was saying a security guard fell on his leg (in Brazil I think) when the stage was rushed by fans and thus he needs a walking stick now.

If you missed it and love old Maiden, it sux to be you!

Y'know, I'm sort of tempted to go. I don't usually go to gigs unless they're in a stadium or entertainment centre though (after my bad experience at the Arena) but I could change my mind with this one.

Ah, we all know I won't go. Move along, nothing to see here.

just got back and was a pretty awesome show, despite my swiss cheese brain.

Sword Towards Self were an epic and impressive opener, impressing the crowd.
Darker Half were strong as always, despite being cramped up on the tiny stage (the drum kit was against the barrier whilst Killrazor's kit was on the drum riser).

Killerzor hit the stage with Ides of March and were than joined by Paul to do Wrathchild.
can't name most of the set because was hard to hear him and my brain was muddled but he ended with a couple of classic covers.

huge applause to Killrazor for their titanic effort on stage.
solid and impressive band. :headbang:

They covered AC/DC Highway to Hell & a punk song I wasn't familiar with or at least I couldn't pinpoint. Adelaide only pulled about 150 people which was pretty weak for a Friday night gig (considering the outcry about Maiden not touring here) but good for me as it wasn't much effort to get to the front of the stage. The less I write about Double Dragon the better. Black Majesty sounded like Helloween, heh.

VP played a show with him in a metal club in Stuttgart in 2001 , he is an absolute gentleman and he even dedicated Remember Tomorrow to VP which was awesome , a great bloke and he knows a bit about Australia as well , I remember he was telling us about a close mate of his that lives in Footscray which was cool.
His backing band at that time where a great bunch of guys as well , as usual they were pissed that Australia were kicking England's arses in the cricket :)