Paul Di'Anno touring Australia!!1

Paul Dianno said that Melbourne was gay :lol:
and then had a little hissy fit at the end when the crowd wasn't singing along to to Blitzkrieg Bop.

that was pretty funny, the way he bagged out on Melbourne.

and it was hard to hear Blitzkrieg Bop for the most part, the crowd was mental but not singing alone much which I think pissed them (Paul & the band) off a bit becausr they were trying to get everyone rev'ed up into it.

oh, well.

whatcha expect for a Monday in Canberra. :p

That said, he was still at it in Wollongong. I think he was pissed off with people standing there with their arms folded instead of getting into the show... Oh well. Hopefully Sydney treats him better, hey?

yeah he tore into a few people at the melbourne gig. The pit in front of the stage seemed to be going off with people rocking out like crazy... I was too old (read: too hungover) for that so I sorta found a nice spot half way back where i could see and hear. Was still clapping and cheering and singing along but.

Definately a fuckload of people there to NOT rock though. You know, you look around and (as Paul said) can see the people there just to be seen because they think they matter because they're in a band, standing with their arms folded looking unimpressed. I was yelling "yeah! you tell 'em Paul!"

Melbourne brings me down sometimes with shit like that.

edit: oh yeah there was one fkn idiot standing in front of us who thought it was hilarious to keep yelling "play children of the damned hawhawhawhawhaw" or whatever bruce / blaze era maiden song he could think of. I reckon he would have called out every song they ever did without Paul, but uhh... obviously i took it upon myself to put a stop to that ;)

Definately a fuckload of people there to NOT rock though. You know, you look around and (as Paul said) can see the people there just to be seen because they think they matter because they're in a band, standing with their arms folded looking unimpressed

I've noticed that about Melbourne. I remember being at a show at the Tote in 99 at which virtually no one was paying any attention to the bands at all. Earth and Crypt were playing.

There's another element to it. There are many people who go to gigs to watch the bands rather than go crazy up the front. I sometimes get put off going too close by the increasingly stupid antics that I have noticed going on over the years. I find it hard to relax and concentrate on the band when there are a bunch of sweaty drunk dudes charging at one another and swinging their fists about.

what a great F**king night was like going back in time and being at the ruskin arms to witness the birth of Maiden..... Paul kept apologising for his voice being stuffed sounded great to me best comment of the night (sorry my voice is F**ked........ guess i`ll sound like Blaze Bayley now) and the renaming of the John Farhnam tour to the HERPES tour ...just keeps coming back.
Paul, Cheers for a top night, mate youve still got it.........

what a great F**king night was like going back in time and being at the ruskin arms to witness the birth of Maiden..... Paul kept apologising for his voice being stuffed sounded great to me best comment of the night (sorry my voice is F**ked........ guess i`ll sound like Blaze Bayley now) and the renaming of the John Farhnam tour to the HERPES tour ...just keeps coming back.
Paul, Cheers for a top night, mate youve still got it.........
An absolutely amazing experience seeing Dianno live:kickass: Did Paul sing some of the verse for Murders in the Rue Morgue with death & black vocals elsewhere? that was surprising but kinda cool.

dilolno.jpg