Payback's a bitch , Ain't it...

LOS MAGANDOS said:
mmmm i must've missed that one, since i was born in 1976... ;)
plus i never watched benny hill as he was shit...... Ronnie Barker was the man in those days.

Well, I have Benny's classic sketches on video, so I get to hear his own rendition of "Tiptoe" as many times as I want.

Ronnie Barker... worth checking out?

Jurched

Jurched said:
Well, I have Benny's classic sketches on video, so I get to hear his own rendition of "Tiptoe" as many times as I want.

Ronnie Barker... worth checking out?

Jurched

Ronnie Barker was Britains comic genius in the 70's, did loads of great sitcoms the best being "Porridge" which was set in a British jail....hilarious

plus his sketch show 2 Ronnies.... although it may seem dated now !!

British comedy at the moment is amazing though, have you seen the Office (not the American one!!)? or Phoenix Nights ??? check em out.. old greats like Blackadder still rock too !!

LOS MAGANDOS said:
Ronnie Barker was Britains comic genius in the 70's, did loads of great sitcoms the best being "Porridge" which was set in a British jail....hilarious

plus his sketch show 2 Ronnies.... although it may seem dated now !!

British comedy at the moment is amazing though, have you seen the Office (not the American one!!)? or Phoenix Nights ??? check em out.. old greats like Blackadder still rock too !!

That just reminded me...Paul Hogan(yes, I realize he's an Aussie) used to have a skit comedy show before he did movies. I remember watching that in the early 80's as a kid...it was quite funny.

The Young Ones was fucking hysterical! Fawlty Towers, Monty Python...I always loved British humor.

_40057823_youngones_bbc_300x220.jpg

MyHatred said:
and my personal favorite Young One
university_challenge.JPG

The wrecking ball episode is still my favorite

Fuckin A!

"Special Delivery Package" is a stupid name for a hamster, Vivian!"

"Oy, that reminds me, I haven't fed him in three weeks! Owwww! Let go of my finger, you Bastard!"

Rik Mayal, what's that guy up to these days? Still doing stand-up? That guy was fuckin great!

And Alexey Sayle, first playing a different member of the Bilowski family each episode of Young Ones, and later his own brilliant show.

Jurched said:
Fuckin A!

"Oy, that reminds me, I haven't fed him in three weeks! Owwww! Let go of my finger, you Bastard!"

Rik Mayal, what's that guy up to these days? Still doing stand-up? That guy was fuckin great!

And Alexey Sayle, first playing a different member of the Bilowski family each episode of Young Ones, and later his own brilliant show.

You can find the complete set on DVD online...I'll order it one day.

Remember Neil as a bobby? I haven't seen that show in years.

MyHatred said:
Yeah, it is a good show but it is kinda lost on me now. Just doesn't seem as funny as it once did to me.

I may feel the same way...I just haven't seen it. Much like Gilligan's Island or the Munsters...I used to love watching those even in high school, but I can't stomach it now.

Jurched said:
Fuckin A!

Close, but it's "Special Patrol Group"!! Spend the next 2 days swotting up by watching the entire DVD collection, then you will be forgiven!! :tickled:

Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson are still at it - have you ever seen "Bottom"? Excellent slapstick violence!!!!!!

TheAssMaster said:
Close, but it's "Special Patrol Group"!! Spend the next 2 days swotting up by watching the entire DVD collection, then you will be forgiven!! :tickled:

Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson are still at it - have you ever seen "Bottom"? Excellent slapstick violence!!!!!!

1st series of bottom was class !! got a little repetitive after that.

best thing Mayal and Edmondson have done is the Bad News films.. absolutely amazing.