PC amp Sims thats sounds as good as axefx and kemper?

I own S-Gear, Amplitube 4, Kazrog's stuff, JST's stuff, EZ Mix and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Kazrog's stuff is the best out of the bunch, to me. However, my Axe-Fx II is better than them all and that's what I usually end up settling with. With bass though, I like to use plugins instead of the Axe most of the time.

Check out the new Fortin Nameless. Imo, it is just as good as anything out of AXE FX/Kemper.

I dont have an axe fx or kemper, but after play with the real deal, my favorites vst´s are the Mercuriall (Spark for me, is the best amp sim out there), Helix Native and Kazrog stuff, all with Ownhammer IR´s

Redline4 impulses are awesome, usually my go to folder , when i want something done quick.
Mercurial, Kazrog, Helix, and Neural DSP are really great, the Fortin model raised the bar a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: Redline4
I own a lot of amp sims and hundreds of professional IRs. I ended up on Helix Native and IRs from the italian company Choptones - namely the "Hess-Packs" which contain IRs from the 2x12 HESU cab with Celestion V30 and Hesu Demon speakers.

To me the best and most authentic sounding combination. Heck, I even sold my Randall halfstack and switched to a Helix LT!

Best decision for years...

I thought Positive Grids BIAS was really good. My best real/sim combo is a 6506MH's line out into the interface and using NadIR with various combos of mesa/orange IRs.

I thought Positive Grids BIAS was really good. My best real/sim combo is a 6506MH's line out into the interface and using NadIR with various combos of mesa/orange IRs.

Not my intention to divert this post too much, but I thought the line out from the 6505MH had already IRs loaded into it, that you kinda "had" to use?

I just bought one and haven't had the time to read the manual yet.

Not my intention to divert this post too much, but I thought the line out from the 6505MH had already IRs loaded into it, that you kinda "had" to use?

I just bought one and haven't had the time to read the manual yet.

There are some different ways to use the MH, they have that XLR (MSDI) output which is total cancer, dont even bother with that. Here's a video explaining it better

Also here's one that demonstrates the difference in sound between the MSDI and just using the fx send

I probably should have said fx send instead of line out, my bad.

Reactions: H-evolve