PDF book?

Rex

Sep 21, 2002
North Carolina, USA
www.rexorcist.com
Have you thought about making a downloadable PDF book with all of your artwork Travis? If doing the full published book is out of the question for the moment, maybe a downloable PDF could be a work around? Maybe you make it a PDF that one would have to pay for like those ebooks things?

Just throwing it out there :p

Trav, you can protect PDF documents to a degree, disabling copying/selection of text, images, pages, forbid printing (or set the resolution at which printing of the document can be done) etc.. was that what you meant?

I think the PDF idea is also an excellent one.

Pyro said:
Trav, you can protect PDF documents to a degree, disabling copying/selection of text, images, pages, forbid printing (or set the resolution at which printing of the document can be done) etc.. was that what you meant?

I think the PDF idea is also an excellent one.
That wouldn't work either because anyone can do a screen shot and then just crop the image or whatever.

For the most part, you are correct. I don't know that anyone would want to go to that much effort though. ALL of Travis's art is already out there gracing CD booklets. I'm sure if anyone could be bothered to make a few forum posts and ask people to scan anything they have at 300dpi the same problem of distribution of images would arise but as far as I'm aware that's probably only an issue for a few of the more popular CDs..such as the Opeth covers which no doubt are online on a "download and print covers for your pirated cds" website.

At the end of the day, a PDF book is an option that has many downfalls but many people would still purchase it and would still get a lot of value out of it.