Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam's allright, I used to listen to them non-stop in my intermidate/middle-school days, I also listened to Alice In Chains, who is, in my opinion far superior, and Nirvana... the only time I'll really listen to these bands is if I want to feel nostalgic though...

i used to be a big big fan of pj, aic, soundgaren, candlebox, etc... now i just listen to PJ and sometimes AIC .... soundgarden got a little boring for me (except for badmotorfinger which is a gem)

back in '91 when i first heard them, pj fast became my favorite band after living colour and u2. i mean shit i was 17 then, we all know a 17 yr old's tastes in music are questionable to begin with. shit, i diverged from my own point.
um, i still like most of the pearl jam cd's i have, i still buy them when they come out, but every other cd seems to disappoint, it's a rather odd pattern. but on the plus side, opeth has yet to fail to amaze me. they are one of the few bands i can listen to and hear something completely new and different with each listen, even if it's an album i listen to constantly like damnation, or still life or one i've really noticed changes for me with each listen, mayh. any band to me that has that effect will always stay one of my favorites. i just wish pj, especially vedder would get off the political bandwagon shit, and go back to making really good meaningful rock music.
it's official, i'm a big time rambler. *sighs*

EVH316 said:
PJ's a pretty basic band that released a few decent albums before becoming stale. As I said earlier, Alice in Chains kick their collective arses.

I wonder if AiC would become stale after a while, if they didnt.... disband...

worldwide_suicide said:
well.. the new CD comes out in May, it's been said it's going to be their heaviest album yet, something in the vein of "Vs." apparently the new single comesout this MONTH!... "worldwide suicide" is the name :oops:
then comes the american/australian/european tour, ad i hope they include mexico once again :D

that's all i know so far :headbang:

thanks, thats what i needed :Spin:

Ayr said:
I wonder if AiC would become stale after a while, if they didnt.... disband...

All we know is that every release was quality. The same can't be said for PJ.

I really like Pearl Jam , trips me out to find a Pearl Jam thread in an Opeth thread.

Anybody here like TEMPLE OF THE DOG ?

Pearl Jam / Soundgarden ?

MAD AT SAM said:
I really like Pearl Jam , trips me out to find a Pearl Jam thread in an Opeth thread.

Anybody here like TEMPLE OF THE DOG ?

Pearl Jam / Soundgarden ?

I like that one song but I haven't heard it in ages...

ethereallights said:
Pearl Jam's allright, I used to listen to them non-stop in my intermidate/middle-school days, I also listened to Alice In Chains, who is, in my opinion far superior, and Nirvana... the only time I'll really listen to these bands is if I want to feel nostalgic though...
well said.(about AIC and Nirvana though) i never really like Pearljam all taht much

temple of the dog rules!! hunger strike is just a classic, every single song on thatrecord is gold!!! especially say hello 2 heaven & REACH DOWN !!

wow glad to see all the Alice in Chains love, they are my favorite band!

i've read most of the posts but not sure if this has been mentioned, has anyone heard Eddie's Layne tribute at the end of their Lost Dogs' album? he sings a song about Shannon Hoon called Bee Girl i believe and then the 'secret song' is a pretty bold statement about all the bands that have ripped off AIC. it was just no bullshit, very interesting and simple.

I always liked Soundgarden better than Pearl Jam, but i definately respect the band. However Eddie should just spend more time with his music rather than politics.

woot!!

glad to see pearl jam fans on the opeth board. they're probably my favorite band behind opeth. I've collected over five hundred of their live shows!!!