Peavey 5150 Mark 1

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
I'm looking at tightening up my tone just getting abit more crunch similar to Fear Factory. I currently run a Peavey 5150 into a Mode 4 cab, with guitars in C tuning rummimg Bare Knuckle Pups.

Any thoughts on how I can do this.

Done that, got a Maxon OD808, it has gone some way to sort it out, but there is a bit of flab in their still. I tried the Kine 6 HD 147, it came close, but it had no balls!

Only use Line 6 stuff if you want Dino's end days tone, which was garbage :lol: If you want the proper FF tone (1990-1998), get a Marshall JCM800, add a grainy overdrive pedal (or do a gainmod to the amp) and use a Mesa OS 4x12". For COW tone, it's a Marshall JMP-1 preamp and some random cabs. I'm not sure, but I think they ended up with Krank (Rev?) on Transgression.

But with the 5150, I guess you could try out a parametric EQ or a multiband compressor for the low end. Hell, maybe even an aggressive gate, like ISP Decimator.

It's the Mode Four 400. I'm not really a fan of EMG's either. However I've not tried the JB or Blckouts. Can anyone reccommend a good eq, to get the ball rolling.