New Pick Ups

They sound great. I’ve used use Seymour Duncan, then EMG’s and the dude who looks after my guitars told me about these and I have used them since.

The Nailbomb and Warpig are the most aggressive ones they have; they’re kind of bassy especially the Warpig, but they can make Ceramic versions which are a lot tighter. I have a Nailbomb in my BC Rich, which is lovely warm tone with plenty of growl. The main ones I use are the Miracle Mans which I swapped over to from the EMG’81. The pu was designed on the sound Zakk Wylde tone and is killer, it has all the zing of the 81 and much more. Other pu’s worth mentioning are the Painkiller, based on the Judas Priest tone and the Holy Diver which is like a hotter JB. All of these really kick ass in the bridge position

I have a Cold Sweat in the Neck of my Steeler, which is like a warmer 59, based around the tone of the Thin Lizzy tune…

As you know a lot of this is just personal. But I had real issues with my lead work on EMGs, so I was using Seymour Duncan’s to record my Leads and EMG’s for Rhythm, I found that Bare Knuckle Pick ups enable me to do all I want very happily in one pick up. They are without doubt the warmest pickups I have ever used.

Thanks for the lengthy description, i understand what you mean, I've been a diehard EMG 81 user forever, but for anything other than ryhthm guitar and i feel something's missing. I've played with a bunch of Dimarzios and a Duncan Distortion but was never happy. So far the only passive i havent hated was an 80's Gibson PAF. which reminds me, How are the clean tones with the Bareknuckles?

Thanks for the lengthy description, i understand what you mean, I've been a diehard EMG 81 user forever, but for anything other than ryhthm guitar and i feel something's missing. I've played with a bunch of Dimarzios and a Duncan Distortion but was never happy. So far the only passive i havent hated was an 80's Gibson PAF. which reminds me, How are the clean tones with the Bareknuckles?

Pretty good on say a Cold Sweat or a Holy Diver. The Miracle Man, Nailbomb and War Pig, not so good. Not sure on a Painkiller. On my Fernandes Steeler, I have a Miracle Man on the Bridge and a Cold Sweat on the neck. I use the neck for all my clean tones and it's a very sweet warm tone.