Bare Knuckle Pick-Ups

I really like them, but they are what I am after. I've never been a big fan of Seymour Duncans and I've used EMG's and Dimarzio's and I find BKP's to be better. Obviously if you are after a certain sound an EMG maybe the perfect pickup for you, just depends what you want out of it.

I personally think BKP's are really noticeable, playing an EMG equipped guitar, then a BKP I can hear more clarity, defined, bass, bite in the top end, but no shrillness. But at the same time, Im using the EQ settings on my amp which suite the pups.

If you can try them, do so. You may love them.

EMGs can't be compared to passive pickups
it's comparing a vox ac30 to an engl invader

bkps aren't 3x better, but a diezel isn't 4x better than a triple xxx and a gibson custom shop isn't 8x better than an epiphone

That's a retarded statement - EMG's can be compared to passive pickups, and I've played many passive's that have even more output than an EMG.

By your own logic, you've basically stated that you prefer EMG's for metal - nobodies going to play a Vox in this genre.

And you've just stated exactly why I'll never buy a Diezel or Gibson.

mine is as powerful as my old duncan custom with alnico 8 magnet (which is a bit higher output than a jb)
it doesn't have all the JB brightness, but about 80% of it, and has the bottom of the custom 8 without the harness of the low mids
it's not an improved JB, just in the same ballpark
maybe you wanted a model with sharper treble edge, like the nailbomb
did you replace a jb in the same guitar?

i actually replaced a lawrence 500xl in that guitar which was too bright/sharp sounding for me, and too scooped in the mids

but i've got 4 similar guitars with JB's and have owned a few others before so i'm extremely familiar with the sound

all this being said...that guitar (ltd mv200...don't let the cheap price tage fool you) is going up for sale for $300 with the holy diver bridge and jb jr neck; i just bought an ec1000 with emg's that i'm pretty happy with and must pay for! (normally i'm not a huge fan of emg's but i played this one and fell in love...that gives me 2 emg loaded guitars now and 4 with duncans)

I had the opportunity to try out all the pickups Bare knuckle made in 2005's music live if I remember rightly. I can’t say any of them stood out as better than any other main competitor. As far as I see the hype and buzz are symptoms of denial, endorsements, Placebo effect or just plain love for the cool logo. Obviously, different strokes for different folks. They do have excellent customer service however which is always good.

That's a retarded statement - EMG's can be compared to passive pickups, and I've played many passive's that have even more output than an EMG.

By your own logic, you've basically stated that you prefer EMG's for metal - nobodies going to play a Vox in this genre.

And you've just stated exactly why I'll never buy a Diezel or Gibson.

i didn't talk about output
no passive pickup will have active tone and feel

I had the opportunity to try out all the pickups Bare knuckle made in 2005's music live if I remember rightly. I can’t say any of them stood out as better than any other main competitor. As far as I see the hype and buzz are symptoms of denial, endorsements, Placebo effect or just plain love for the cool logo. Obviously, different strokes for different folks. They do have excellent customer service however which is always good.

endorsements? who? that fag of muse? lol
and their logo is as ugly as their website
i bet you didn't compare it in the same guitar in your equipment with similar famous branded models

before de BKPs i tried 9 pickups in the same guitar and tried other humbuckers in similar guitars in my own equipment too
i had this resistance to pay that much too (all pickups here are expensive anyway...), but i never was happy with a pickup before
i didn't plug it and said "wooooow this pickup is 3x better than all pickups in the world"
at first i found it was only ok, and then i kept playing and playing, and after a few days i couldn't stand any other pickup :oops:
none had that clarity and details i found in BKPs

why someone would be proud to say "oooh i have a BARE KNUCKLE PICKUP and you got these unknown seymour something, n00b!"?
o_O
this placebo argument is non sense

i actually replaced a lawrence 500xl in that guitar which was too bright/sharp sounding for me, and too scooped in the mids

but i've got 4 similar guitars with JB's and have owned a few others before so i'm extremely familiar with the sound

all this being said...that guitar (ltd mv200...don't let the cheap price tage fool you) is going up for sale for $300 with the holy diver bridge and jb jr neck; i just bought an ec1000 with emg's that i'm pretty happy with and must pay for! (normally i'm not a huge fan of emg's but i played this one and fell in love...that gives me 2 emg loaded guitars now and 4 with duncans)

don't you wanna sell only the pickup?
i have a friend that loved mine and wants to order one but he's out of money for a new one right now

don't you wanna sell only the pickup?
i have a friend that loved mine and wants to order one but he's out of money for a new one right now

maybe,

i've got a guy interested in the guitar now, if he backs out i'll do the pickup for $90 shipped in the 48 states

Hey I've just removed an EMG 81 out of my USA Warlock and put in a BKP Nailbomb. I've got to say there's loads more bottome end, it's not as nasaly and the leads ten to leap out and flow better. I've got to say though, the EMG still rocks and will keep it in some of my guitars as I feel, for me, it still really good for rhythm tracks.

maybe,

i've got a guy interested in the guitar now, if he backs out i'll do the pickup for $90 shipped in the 48 states

let me know if you don't sell it

but i think you should keep it for some time and try it in another guitar you like better
i'm sure you're gonna change your mind about
in the first weeks i played it i wasn't so impressed too
but everytime i play it, specially when i play it LOUD, i like it better :worship:
never had this clarity and sweet tone with any pickup (not even the my miracle man or my old lawrence)

See this same thread over at SevenString.org and it goes in the exact opposite direction. Amusing.

Nobody seems to have mentioned Chris Broderick. I shall fix that. Chris Broderick uses BKPs, and they sound good. Nyaah.

Jeff

And thank god he finally switched over to a Powerball; the tone on the older Jag Panzers with him is so unbearably digital (He used a Sansamp then, I believe).