Peavey Bandit 112 preamp/using cab impulses

innerdream

Nov 20, 2004
Hi all

i know this might have been answered before but is it possible to record only the preamp signal from my bandit 112 into my daw (not the sound of the 1x12 speaker), then use some cab impulse simulators (Gods Cabs, Catharsis etc...)?

i still want to use my bandit but like the tonal options of the impulses.

would I connect from the preamp out direct to my daw/mixer to get the "dry" tone without the speaker sound from the bandit?

cheers

You can use the FX send into the line input of your interface.
If you don't get a signal when there's nothing plugin in the return, then plug a load into the return (guitar with volume off for example, so you don't get any signal back from the loop).

Since there's no volume knob for the FX loop I assume it is seriel, so you shouldn't be hearing any signal coming through the internal speaker.
Also as it seems the internal speaker isn't disconectable on the back, so you should be good to go.

You can use the FX send into the line input of your interface.
If you don't get a signal when there's nothing plugin in the return, then plug a load into the return (guitar with volume off for example, so you don't get any signal back from the loop).

Since there's no volume knob for the FX loop I assume it is seriel, so you shouldn't be hearing any signal coming through the internal speaker.
Also as it seems the internal speaker isn't disconectable on the back, so you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Yes I've gone from the send in my FX loop straight to my DAW/Mixer and am now getting the pre/power amp signal, then im using impulses for cab response.

im still getting the sound from the amp though (which is great for tracking!) :)