Peavey Viper

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
I've been trying the Peavey Viper 100 in my local shop and they make good practise amp, lovely tones and since I use a 5150, the models are pretty accurate.

However I'd like to get one not only as a practice amp but as a recording tool as well, to take over my POD XT Pr. SO what I'd like to know, has anyone hear any recording experience with these amps using the USB out's?

I'm pretty sure Ubersyntax on this forum got the Vypyr and said the latency on the usb out made it unusable for recording purposes at the time.

I'm not positive, but I think you can use the headphone jack as a line out to your interface and then slap some impulses on it. I have yet to try it due to the 1/8" input on my interface being non-functional at this time.

When the headphone jack is in use, it silences the speaker and it doesn't put any cab sim on the signal. If anyone can do this, I am highly curious.

I love mine...I have the 30 watt version. It's got some serious tones in it, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it on a recording. Mine doesn't have USB, but the headphone out sounds very good and very close to what you hear coming out of the speaker. I really need to throw a mic on it, though.