Just got the Metal Shop pack!

taylor666

Oct 8, 2006
I know there are about a million threads already about the pod xt but I just got sick of combing through old threads with broken links to patches :rolleyes: . I've been messing around with this bad boy for a couple hours now and it's quite a bit to take on. It seems to me the Mississippi Criminal and Big Bottom models are the favorites around here but what are the suggestions for cab models to match these amps? Also does anyone have a suggestion for a patch for me to start to build off of. I am recording a local band tomorrow as a favor and to practice my recording/mixing and had hoped to use the pod at least for a scratch track. I'm trying to get a workable sound right now but my ears are pretty much dead.

Here's my settings, I think. Uberschall or 5150: drive around 5 highs around 2 mid around 3. 808: start at 12 oclock and back off on gain from there. I use line 6 4x12 and set on direct out. Best I can get out of it.

I like using the Treadplate 4x12 cab, modeled after a Recto cabinet. Always the Criminal or Big Bottom amp models. Always. I use them because blended together they sound great, but also because the Criminal is modeled after a 5150II, I owned a 5150 and now a JSX so it's the closest thing to what I have. Only makes sense to use a model of something I already have (in a way), doesn't it? :)

I also use the FX-Boost+EQ stomp on my patches because I have a Keeley modded TS-9 to run in front of my XTL. The B+EQ really helps. A lot. Can't stress it enough. And the noise gate on the XT's is fucking amazing. I love it.

~e.a

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm starting to get some usable tones now but I'm still having a little trouble getting rid of the notorious "fizz" without making the tone too dark.