Peavey Windsor Half Stack 399.00 @ Musicians Friend

Just downloaded the PDF musiciansfriend offered for download and found this:

"At times however, I felt the Windsor's high end was too thin, as compared to the stout midrange and hammering lows. For a quick fix, I effectively achieved a thicker and richer tone from the amp just by replacing the stock power cable with a cord of heavier gauge wire."

Thoughts?

It's one of those debatable difference things, just like changing brand of tube or changing cable type etc....

I personally here more of a change with the things I mentioned...

Still got my Windsor... I picked it up for $199 on a slow night at Guitar Center :)

Works fine... it's not the cleanest amp & it's kind of a one-trick pony... but it does the trick very well.

I recently used it for lead tones on a reamping project. Worked very well for that application.... I should get around to doing another sample of it with my Mesa cab.

Where'd you get the coupon? If I could find one of those I'd jump on this right now!

Music123 (which is basically Musician's Friend with a different site) had an offer where if you bought a gift certificate the week before Christmas you could get a 25% coupon for an entire purchase. They have the Windsor for the same price (and same shipping price). The coupon code expires on the first of February so I'm trying to stuff my shopping cart as much as possible before then. Then afterwards I'm going to have to suppress my G.A.S for a long time :lol:.

Dude, holy shit.

WANT. Just the head though. That band's tracks sound pretty f'in good man. Really dig the grind it has.

~006