Peccatum disbands; Star of Ash returns

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
According to Peccatum's official website, the band has split. Ihsahn will focus on his solo career, and Ihriel is going to return to Star of Ash.

I take this as good news for the most part. Star of Ash is actually a really good project, a less schizophrenic Peccatum. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Clearly Ihsahn's solo won't be totally unlike the heavy riffing in Peccatum. It seems likely that he'll continue to contribute to Star of Ash as in the past as well.

hmm, damn. Unfortunate, but then, I kinda saw this coming. The Moribund People (although an EP) wasn't half as good as Lost in Reverie and with Star of Ash and Ihsahn's new project, it seemed inevitable. I look forward to Star of Ash's new work, though.

I'm glad Star Of Ash Returns, but I'm very dissapointed becase of Peccatum... I really liked id...

madu said:
I liked The Moribund People most of their releases.

Uh, I read that Mikael Åkerfeldt and Garm and Rob Halford will be guesting on Ihsahn's solo. True/false?
Halford won't, Garm will, dunno about Akerfeldt

Rob Halford HAS said before that he is a big Emperor fan, but it still seems unlikely. Not that I care, considering what I've heard sounded like crap anyway.

Star of Ash isn't so bad, but most Peccatum I heard was awful (mainly Amor Fati, the latest album wasn't as bad). It was like the pretentious element from Emperor without the interesting musicianship to back it up.