Star of Ash ... any good ?

Traveler

Leaves of Autumn
May 25, 2001
Istanbul,Turkey
www.geocities.com
Hi people ;

This may be a little bit off-topic but I just wanted to have your opinion about the band Star of Ash . I listened to one of their sample mp3's on theendrecords and liked it . I'm also a big fan of Perdition City from Ulver . So should I buy the Iterviator? Is the rest of the album as good as the sample ?

I haven't heard it so you may want to ignore my comments (although they don't concern the album directly). I would be very sceptic about any project of Ihriel... Peccatum is a pretty much ridiculous band and her voice is definitely not the best one around. However I've read reviews about the album that said tha it wasn't that bad. I'd suggest you listen to some tracks from the album before buying it if you can. Most probably it will be a mediocre band.... You'd better try before you buy... But as I said i haven't heard the album...

I agree that Heidi didn't sing that well on Peccatum albums...but c'mon the music there is amazing...Maestro Veggard does his best... Stars of Ash is the return of Heidi... I never expected she would create sucha masterpiece... it's awesome... I can listen to it for hours... I even got used to her voice...

All right , I think I'll try it out . I just realized that The End has a special offer : Lyckantropen from Ulver and Iter.Viator from Star of Ash for 20 $ !!

I'll post my thoughts about the music later .

I got a promo of it and it's pretty good -- nothing to do with Peccatum.. It has an almost cinematic feel at times and, after only a couple of listens to each, I'd rank it above Ulver's Lyckantropen Themes.